Prevpac for H. Pilory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Aug 18, 2003.

1. namow

namow New Member

I have been told that I have H. pilory and need to be treated with PREVPAC, has anyone taken this medication and how did it worik for you.
    I would appreciate your input
  2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

My Dad for years had ulcers, was in and out of the hospital with bleeding ulcers. Once taking the meds has never had another problem. My Aunt had about the same results. I took a friend to the doctor two weeks ago. She started on her PREVPAC and has noticed improvement. If your insurance does not cover this med, ask the doctor for samples. My friend paid $288 for the PREVPAC, when she mentioned this to the doctor, then he said "Oh, we have samples we could have given you". She does think it was worth the $288! I did hear once that milk is not good for ulcers as was previously thought. Don't know it this is true or not. Anyone know? Good Luck
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

But was treated with an antibiotic, and ulcer has not reoccurred after 8 years..Tested positive for H.Pylori, and had had an ulcer for many years previous to this treatment..
  4. namow

namow New Member

I really appreciate the info about the prevpac and yes....the price is very high, thank God a friend got it for me from a doctor friend of hers. Specially since I don't have medical insurance.
    A hug to all of you