PRICKLE FACE??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dmhaver, Feb 13, 2003.

1. dmhaver

dmhaver New Member

MY FACE HAS BEEN SORT OF PINS AND NEEDLES, OR FEELING LIKE DENTAL FREEZING FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS. ITS RANGE VARIES BUT BASICALLY FULL CHEEKS. AT TIMES MY FACE APPEARS THE SAME AND YET OTHER TIMES IT IS FLUSH RED. ANY IMPUTE AS TO CAUSE, METHOD OF PREVENTION ETC.
  2. dd

dd New Member

Have you by any chance just started taking a B-Complex vitamin? When I first started to take the B vitamins I would get that red flush on my face and my face felt prickly. I found out that it was the Niacin causing this (B-6). It went away after my body got used to the vitamins.

I also get the prickly feeling on my face sometimes when I am really stressed out too.

Debbie
  3. dmhaver

dmhaver New Member

THANX FOR YOUR IMPUTE, YES I DO TAKE A B COMPLEX VITAMIN BUT I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT FOR AT LEAST SIX MONTHS, SAME BRAND AND DOSEAGE.
    I AM GOING THROUGH LOTS WITH THIS DD SO I SUPPOSE IT IS STRESS.

NOT SURE IF ITS IMPORTANT, BUT IT HAPPENS ALL DAY LONG.
  4. dd

dd New Member

This DD does give us so many strange symptoms!!!

Another thought was that it could be an allergy to something. New brand of soap, shampoo, detergent...food allergies can cause some bizarre symptoms too. Sometimes when I eat something with rice, barley or corn in it I will get the flushed face and even my ears turn bright red.

The prickly sensation...I describe it to my husband like my face feels like pins and needles like when my foot falls asleep. I notice this more when I am in a flare and very stressed out.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Debbie
  5. annkd

annkd New Member

Oh my goodness! I just got back from my rheumy where I told her of the exact same symptoms. I told her my face feels prickly and my ears are bright read (almost a burning sensation). She admitted to not knowing however, she told me to log down how often this is happening and when.I'll keep you posted if I get any further along. She does not think it's the meds.
  6. 2girls

2girls New Member

I have been experiencing this for 1 1/2 years now - everyday. This symptom is quite common with FM.

2girls
  7. popgun

popgun New Member

It's (I think) the nerves in the neck being pinched I have it in my face, L/hand and heel of my L/foot.Do your arms hurt from the shoulders down the back of your arms and or do your ears ring?
  8. judywhit

judywhit New Member

I have this off and on. It is very embarrasing. I can feel my face (usually just one side)just start tingling and go numb. people say when this happens they can see bumps on my face and almost a parallisis (spelling???) on the one side. just another symptom. this actually was the very first symptom 19yrs ago. that and large bumps just below my elbow.
  9. annkd

annkd New Member

POPGUN: I think you've nailed it.At least for me. I talked to my rheumy tonight and she has suggested neurotin for a few days and if no improvement, it's off for more testing. The ache from the neck down the shoudlers to the lower back..e-gads! What a discomfort My left hand fingers are numb. Lots o'pain! I'll keep you all posted. - Ann
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I've had every MRI, nerve conduction study, somatosensory test, etc.----no pinched nerves. This is just another strange neuro symptom of FM for me, it comes & goes.

Good luck, hope it passes for you....

Hugs,
    Pam