Prickle Pains in my Hands and Feet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RachelLeah, Sep 3, 2002.

1. RachelLeah

RachelLeah New Member

Hello. This is only my second post, as I am new to this board. I am 19 years old and have FMS(diagnosed with it on 6/19/02).

Yesterday I started to get pains in both my hands. It feels like I'm getting an electric shock of pins and needles thrown at my hands. Today I'm getting it even worse in my hands and now my feet. When it happens it feels like my hands are on fire.

I was just wondering if this was from FMS and if anyone else has had this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get rid of it?

Thanks.
    Rachel
  2. RachelLeah

RachelLeah New Member

Hello. This is only my second post, as I am new to this board. I am 19 years old and have FMS(diagnosed with it on 6/19/02).

Yesterday I started to get pains in both my hands. It feels like I'm getting an electric shock of pins and needles thrown at my hands. Today I'm getting it even worse in my hands and now my feet. When it happens it feels like my hands are on fire.

I was just wondering if this was from FMS and if anyone else has had this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get rid of it?

Thanks.
    Rachel
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

i get this all the time i hate it im not sure what causes it but its from the fm and i havent yet found away to get rid of it sorry im no help.
  4. SaraD

SaraD New Member

HI Rachel and Welcome! Well, I am not to close to your age but somewhat close (28). I have Fibromyalgia and also chronic tendonitis, I worked on computers ever since High school and had a great job for almost 10 years until diagnosed. I know the feeling you describe though but not sure if it from my tendonitis or FM, but it does feel like that feeling when your hands/feet/legs whatever feel asleep and starts to get the feeling back, pins and needles big time. Certainly not the greatest feeling. Just wanted to say Hi and tell you I can relate! Sarad
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

yes, I used to get this all the time in both my hands & feet. Since I've started taking vitamin/mineral supplements, it has disappeared almost completely. Very annoying & uncomfortable while I had it. I have fms and cfids. I have to assume it's from what I'm taking, as I haven't changed anything else.

Many fms sufferers are deficient in vitamins (we often don't absorb them as well, for one thing). The store here has some excellent vit/min supp. that many members swear by. I'm not sure, but I think the magnesium/potassium in my vits is what's made the difference.

Take care. Hope you find relief soon. Michele
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Rachel, I have also had that same feeling, like Michele said, after taking supplements it went away, especially Natural Vitamin E and magnesium.

I would think it is a circulation problem, but considering your age, I would mention this to my doctor as soon as possible. At nineteen you should not be having this problem.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I get this along with cramps in my hands and feet when my potassium is low from fluid loss and diuretics.
    Be well,
    Kady
  8. RachelLeah

RachelLeah New Member

I just wanted to thank everyone for their responses and/or suggestions. The pins and needles are still driving me nuts but am glad to know you all can relate. I'm taking some vitamin/mineral supplements but after doing a lot of research I don't think I get enough Magnesium. Plus I've only been on them for about 8 weeks. I'll be sure to mention this to my Doctor when I see her next. Thanks so much!

Rachel