PRICKLES for you Leading Awareness What do members THINK????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Feb 19, 2007.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

You really should do this.You are a winner in leading the Awareness campaign.
    Hugs
    Sue

Calling All Leaders

The National Fibromaylgia Association will be selecting up to 100 support group leaders from the United States and around the world to receive the NFA’s Leaders Against Pain III Scholarship. Successful candidates will be awarded a financial scholarship, including a guest pass to the MYOPAIN Society’s International Congress and admission to the NFA’s 3rd Annual Leaders Against Pain Coalition Media and Advocacy Training Seminar. Jointly sponsored by the International MYOPAIN Society and the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Medical School, MYOPAIN 2007—the 7th World Congress on Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Fibromyalgia—will be held in Washington DC August 19 – 23, 2007. Leaders Against Pain is an educational opportunity that allows support group leaders to refine their media relations and advocacy skills. For details and application forms, click here.

How to Print this Article

National Fibromyalgia Association
    2200 N. Glassel Street, Suite A
    Orange, CA 92865
    Phone: 714. 921.0150
    Fax: 714. 921.6920
    www.FMaware.org

[This Message was Edited on 02/19/2007]
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

You are too a support group leader! Your "group" just happpens to be everyone who checks out your website! Just think of how many people get support from that. I think you would definitely qualify for the scholarship. The fact that you're able to handle a website but not a face-to-face support group is something that FMaware should easily understand.

BTW, I managed to view your video in its entirety. I really like it! I think telling your story really will hit home for many people. I don't think there is any other FM video that is as compelling as yours. People who have FM will feel less alone, and those who don't will definitely come away with understanding and awareness. Great job, girl!
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

You have been a wonderful advocate.

If you need testimonies, we are here.

Thank you for all you have done to advance awareness.

June
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

that you are going for it.Your whole sight is a support to all who visit it.

In my book you deserve to win.Who better to have at those events than you.We all know if you do win that you will bring to this sight and yours what you learn at the events.

You go girl.
    Hugs
    Sue

5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Suzetal!

Hats off to you for picking up on this!

June
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

But not only my fingers crossed I also have my toes crossed.

It would be a wonderful opportunity for you;and us.

Just think what you would bring back with you.All that new information .

I have never met anyone at any sight that puts so much into awareness. You family and friends must be so proud of you.Besides your studies you also have time for awareness.

You are amazing and I know if you apply you will win it.They are selecting 100 people from all over the world.

You go girl.Just seeing the web sight would make there heads turn .You have helped so many .

Go Go Go Prickles
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Go for it! You have done so much; you deserve to be recognized.

Kathy
  8. HeartsinOhio

HeartsinOhio New Member

What is this I read about a video you made? How can I learn more about it? Heartinohio....pattie
  9. kjfms

kjfms Member

whatever it is we need to do...

You are indeed an inspiration. This would be wonderful for you as you already do such a good job!!!

You are one of the best advocate for the DDs and I must confess you make me feel rather lazy but I'll get over it...LOL

I will keep sending out emails and will do more when I able :)

Best wishes,

Karen :)
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Wishing you luck in applying to become a support group leader! I am trying to get the sound on my computer fixed so I can hear your documentary. I could see it, but that didn't help much because I was trying to "read lips" but couldn't get much info. Hopefully hubby will help fix it soon. Thank you for increasing awareness and I enjoyed your website! Hope you are feeling well today. Kim :)
  11. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am sooo glad that you are applying for this! I really hope that you get it. You deserve it and have worked so hard for the cause of FM. I am sure you will get it with your website and the flyers and the video. You have really done so much great work.

If you need anything for your application from us here you know you have all of our support. I would vouch for you although I don't know that they would want anything from me since I have CFS and not FM. But there are plenty of people here who would vouch for you.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Pam
  12. sues1

sues1 New Member

How do I find that site mentioned........? If it is in the message I am missing it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anyone that saw Prickles Video knows that her wonderful Mom
    (I think Mum in Britian) said that this Fibrosite gives Prickles support.

I laughed........as I think Prickles supports us!!!!

Blessings.....Susan[This Message was Edited on 02/20/2007]
  13. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Its at the bottom of the post.

National Fibromyalgia Association
    2200 N. Glassel Street, Suite A
    Orange, CA 92865
    Phone: 714. 921.0150
    Fax: 714. 921.6920
    www.FMaware.org
  14. jole

jole Member

Another vote for you!!!!!! Please do this for all of us who don't have your talent and enthusiasm.....we would if we could. Heck, I can't even write a decent letter anymore:)

You are a shining star to so many, and you deserve something for your efforts - like a scholarship, maybe???? I have been trying to see your video for a week now, but can't get it to come up. Can get your site, but not the video. Must be doing something wrong (gee, wonder how I could possibly do that?) Will keep trying, have heard too many great things about it to miss out.

Best wishes to you!
  15. bluewing

bluewing New Member

Do you remember that I told you that you are a born leader?
    We ARE proud of you! You have helped me more than once to get attention on here. This is a perfect opportunity for us to show you off!
  16. bluewing

bluewing New Member

Do you remember I said you were a born leader? a long time ago. Now's our chance to show you off! You've helped so many of us...we're proud of you!
  17. bluewing

bluewing New Member

didn't think the first one took...you see how excited I am!