Prickles I have a ? regarding brain fog folic acid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Seeseaisme, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Hi, hon. You've been helpful to me before, so I thought I'd give you a shout.

On a recent post regarding brain fog, you mentioned that folic acid helps with memory and concentration. I am having a horrid time with memory, concentration and communicating lately. I have to use a small vocabulary because I can't express the correct word or find it and I constantly have to proof read and edit what I type.

I'm just starting on changing my diet to better myself. I eat too many sweets and breads. I've been a low carb diet before and I'm going to do that again.

Please give me suggestions on foods with really good folic acid, if you can. Also I have an appt with doc next Fri and I will ask him about folic acid supplements for myself, but I'd like to know what dosage do folks regularly take and how are they sold? Does the package/bottle actually just say folic acid?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

sees
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2006]
  2. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I am currently taking a B complex supplement and a multi-vitamin every day. I will definitely check with my doctor before taking anything else.

Thank you for your food list. I like all of ones you listed. I haven't tried parsnips or kidneys maybe I will go for the veggie, not sure of kidneys(lol). Must be a Brit thing!

sees
    [This Message was Edited on 11/11/2006]
  3. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

I take a Folic Acis supp in addition to a multi B. My doc says the B family is very important to us with these dd's.

Prickles ,prepare for lots of questions on the Marmite and Bovril!! We don't have them here y'know. Didn't Marmite come about as a nutritional supp during WWII? My mom used to make a really wonderful steak and kidney pie when I was a kid - we lived on a ranch and when we butchered we didn't waste things. My dad was Brit and asked for the pie.

Gretchen

4. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

Thanks LOVED, for the information. I really need help getting myself back together, in regards to cognitive functioning. I appreciate your reply.

Prickles, fortunately for me, I do like liver. I even liked it as a kiddo. My mom would make liver & onions, there is nobody who can compare with her culinary skills.

Gretchen, I lived on a farm also and we butchered our own cattle and hogs. You're right, no wasting. Dad liked hog brains and cow tongue.(eeeewwwww). I couldn't go for that. Dad had Scotch ancestory and Mom had Irish. We had lots of interesting foods and grew all our own vegetables also. Wow, those were the good old days.
  5. MelaC

MelaC New Member

I was also told to take magnesium. I was given the slow release and it made a big difference.