Prickles thanks for TENS unit advice working for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockymtnmom, Nov 6, 2006.

1. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

Dear Prickles,

Thanks for the many times you have mentioned TENS units here and on your site.

I had used a TENS unit quite a bit during my 4 different tries at PT. In my last attempt, I finally bought a home unit, which had been a "display" model and soon wore out.

During my last try at it, the insuracne company "fired" me due to no improvement on my pain scores since I started (I had, however, gained strength, balance and lost weight, but hey, does that really matter??)

At any rate, the insurance Co. backbilled me for the entire course of therapy, a tidy sum. I was angry and discouraged and was frustrated, oo at why my pain levels didn't improve (pre-diagnosis!).

Well, I had just replaced my TENS unit when all this nonsense started. Being bitter, angry and financially wrecked, I threw away the baby with the bathwater and stopped all PT as well as using my trusty TENS. That was at least 3 yrs ago.

When I read all your praises, I dug mine out, and lo and behold it was shiny new and barely used like a Christmas present waiting for me!!!

I was in a lot of pain, put it on, started buzzin', turned it up a few times, and here I am, the pain has subsided.

To make a long (LONG)story short, thanks for your excellent recomendation. It helped right away!! I hope others will take your advice - it is realitively inexpensive, and it works, without medicine.

Kim
  2. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I'm so eager to get mine now! I ordered mine over the weekend from the UK, so I'm hoping to get it really soon. I could really use some help with my leg muscles.