((((((( Prickles))))))))

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jo29, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Hi, I was reading an answer you gave to a new person on the board. What caught my eye was when you told her not to do any exercise that has you to tighten a muscle and then relax it.

Did I get that right? The reason I am asking you about this is that my physical therapist has me doing all kinds of exercises like this.

Some of the exercises he has me do involves using my arms to help stretch my legs and other muscles. The muscles I am stretching feel better, but my arms and shoulders are killing me.

I also believe that this has thrown me into a flare. I tried to talk to my therapist he is understanding, but he still wants me to do some stretches.

Can you tell me what is going on with me?

Thanks so much.

Jodi
  2. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

bumpity bump
  3. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

Now this makes a lot of sense to me. I am afraid that my therapist is going to get mad at me if I keep complaning about my exercises.

So far he has been very understanding, but you know how people react to us FMers. I guess I am a little gun shy.

Maybe my husband could go with me and learn how to stretch my muscles so that I won't have to use my arms.

You have been a great help. Thank you again so much.

I am not new to the board, just not very vocal. I am still learning not teaching.

Jodi