prickly feeling on tongue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by slightfade, Oct 9, 2006.

1. slightfade

slightfade New Member

Does anybody evperience a prickly or pins and needles feeling tongue from time to time? I heard something about a trigeminal nerve that goes down both sides of face.
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I get this from time to time too. It comes and goes.

I don't know what it is - if it stayed around, I would have it checked out but to be honest, it's the least of my worries with all my other symptoms!!

Ask your doc to check it out if you are worried or if it stays around.

Love Bunchy xxx

PS Edited to say it started when I was having a lot of strange neurological symptoms. The CNS can cause a lot of strange symptoms in a person with our illnesses.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  3. TKE

TKE New Member

I could also be a food allergy.

I have this happen when I eat eggs. My tongue & throat start to itch then the prickly/tingle stuff starts. I found one thing that counter acts the food allergy...CHOCOLATE, hehe. Doc was shocked by that one, but hey it works. Humm wonder if I should have a braclet made noting the allergy & then stating to feed me chocolate, LOL.
  4. llama

llama New Member

Hi slightfade,

I don't experience exactly what you have described but I get a feeling like I have a hair stuck to the roof of my mouth. You know what a disgusting feeling it is to like be eating and feel like you have a hair in your mouth.

I haven't been able to identify any pattern to it, although, unfortunately it has been happening more frequently...great!

Do you see a Neurologist? Perhaps that would help. If my problem continues that's where I'm headed.

Good Luck..............Jill...............
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

this could be a lack of b vitamins the most likely is b 12just a thought charlene
  6. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

never thought so many had this problem itchy a lot.

Sometimes I have to bite my tounge because it drives me crazy and that is the only way it will stop.