Prickly sensations all over my skin...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeborahLynn, Feb 13, 2011.

1. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I recently started experiencing prickly sensations that come and go in various spots all over my body. It feels like I rolled in a bed of prickly pear cactus. When I look at my skin, there are no signs of anything, but it feels as if I should see a red rash all over.

About a week ago, I started having a CFS/FMS crash/flare; the worst one I've had in a long time. Yesterday, I became so weak that I collapsed into bed. Last night started the prickly sensation. Today I am still in the same condition - all of the 90+ symptoms of combined CFS/FMS, plus this prickly sensation now.

I did the medication route of treatment for years, but everything the doctor tried I had a bad reaction to. So for the past two years, I have not taken any meds, except for Tylenol once or twice in months past. So it can't be an allergic or other reaction to drugs.

Have any of you experience this also? Is it something I should pay to go see my doctor over, or is it something that is associated with CFS/FMS that is another thing I have to learn to live with?

I would appreciate your sharing your experiences/knowledge with me; thank you in advance!

Debbie
  2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Thanks for replying, Jamin! Stress can be a huge health hazard, that's for sure. I don't think I'm under any unusual stress, except that I'm in a bad CFS/FMS crash/flare atm, but my family is wonderful and they try to help and to understand. I guess I just got the "cold pricklies" and need some "warm fuzzies!" lol

Blessings to you,
    Debbie
  3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Bumping this post up...
  4. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

When ever I am under a flare up I get a feeling like there are worms crawling under my skin. It is so weird. My husband and I use it as a catchphrase, I say; "I have worms" and he says; "Do you want to go fishing". The thing is he knows than to leave me alone or I could bite his head off and that I will be useless for the day or longer. Don't have a cure for it but it does give me a signal that I'm in a flare up. Sometimes it hard to know if your just feeling tired or your in a flare up. This is my tell tell for sure.

Hope this helps.
  5. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

When ever I am under a flare up I get a feeling like there are worms crawling under my skin. It is so weird. My husband and I use it as a catchphrase, I say; "I have worms" and he says; "Do you want to go fishing". The thing is he knows than to leave me alone or I could bite his head off and that I will be useless for the day or longer. Don't have a cure for it but it does give me a signal that I'm in a flare up. Sometimes it hard to know if your just feeling tired or your in a flare up. This is my tell tell for sure.

Hope this helps.
  6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I haven't felt the sensation you're talking about; sounds awful! I hope and pray you don't have many more, or better yet, any more, of those crashes!

It must be a neurological thing going on...

Thanks for your reply! Debbie