Primal Body, Primal Mind

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jaminhealth, Oct 25, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

www.amazon.com › ... › Diets & Weight LossPaleo

I've been somewhat "stressing" over my latest labs and so called cholesterol....The above book I believe explains it all, the Importance of Cholesterol and not the importance of statins...

I've followed Weston Price Foundation over the years and their works on the Cholesterol Myth and have talked about it here and elsewhere....

My gf has this book and says it's the BEST she's read on health and nutrition and says it's one we should own..so I'm ordering it today....

Pharma and conventional medical world has sold the population a bill of goods on the "danger" of cholesterol and this author talks about the need for good cholesterol for better health....

Bottom line: rid the body of carbs and sugars and get back to the Paleo good fats and vegetables....

I'm making a wonderful turkey soup right now will enjoy it very much...

My opinion and what I believe is truth....I've mentioned many times I'm not a fan of the pharma drugs, yes, they can save lives, but they do a horrible job of destruction too...

I've been very BAD this last year with too much processed meats and too much cheese.....so a new beginning on a better path....

Thinking back over my life and my parents, cholesterol was never a word in their days, they ate everything and I'd bet they had high cholesterol but they lived long lives and hardly ever a doc appt....they ate too much SUGARS, but still lived long in spite......

Pharma makes millions+ on these statins and they are so harmful......jam
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Jamin, things like blood pressure and cholesterol do sometimes go up, not because of a person's diet, but simply because of aging. It might not be anything that you are doing to yourself. If you enjoy a little cheese, then I say - EAT CHEESE!!!!! You have to have some pleasures in life, Jamin, otherwise, what's the point of living. ;)
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

TL, I overdid it in the last year, when I don't bring cheese into the house I feel mentally better for one thing...cheese is processed and I want to eliminate all that processed meat I was eating too....

There were years when I didn't bring cheese into my house and was better off I believe....

I won't totally eliminate cheese but very very moderate intake.....

Eating my turkey soup right now is a big pleasure and nothing processed in it...organic turkey parts and mostly organic veggies...

I guess the whole crux of this message is Cholesterol is good and not bad as the drug companies are selling folks..

The Europeans eat a lot of cheese but most are not processed like the U.S. cheese...there are exceptions but mostly processed.....too much salts.

I deal with a pretty inflammed body and dairy products cause inflammation, so reducing this big time could show a diff in the inflammation/pain. And a good 10lbs of belly fat....so maybe that can be reduced too......I could work it off when younger, now it's another story....so controlling what I put in my mouth it the next best thing FOR ME....and maybe others too....
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013