Primal Defence Probiotic---anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Nov 14, 2005.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

this is a new one I've been reading about in the book The Makers Diet. Sounds pretty good. Was wondering if anyone has used it, and what are your thoughts on it?
    Raz
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Yes! I use it and think its one of the best ones out there. Someone on this board told me about it.

Sandy
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

do you find it very exspensive? How many per day do you take?
  4. pamj

pamj New Member

I've been told by a few people that it's one of the best out there. I also first heard about it in The Maker's Diet. My acupunturist & doctor both recommend it.

I buy mine at the health food store, but I've also seen it at [edited as per rules]. Their website has 90 caplets for $29.49. The bottle says you can take one before each meal, but I only take one per day on an empty stomach before breakfast. My doc says one a day is fine. Other people may benefit from taking more than I do, everyone has different needs.

Some people think it's expensive, but I don't think it cost any more than others that I've tried.

take care,
    Pam
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

From what I've read, it seems to be one of the really good ones. I take the Jarro-Dophilus and have found it to be the best one I have tried. I have not tried PD.

Love, Mikie
  6. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I buy it at [edited as per rules] and you can get a huge bottle of 180 for $54 or a smaller bottle of 45 for around $17.

Sandy
  7. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

I have used primal defense for close to 2 years and find it extremely convenient and tolerable—coming from someone who is very sensitive to almost all supplements. I use the powder form along with some flavored vitamin powder in water—not the greatest tasting drink, but doable.
    -Carrie
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I use the PD,... and before I bought it I researched it thouroughly. It is kinda expensive but it has alot of the "good" stuff in it.
    I like the product alot. I bought it for many health reasons but most for IBS. It has helped.

Before the PD I was using the Jarro brand and that one is very good too. (cheaper too)
    I think when the primal runs out I may go back to the Jarro because of the big difference in cost.
    If I do that and notice a big difference between the 2 I'll go back to PD.

Either one are very good in my opinion.
    Hope this helps :)
    Tandy
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I've shunned Threelac too for the same reason.

I've heard plenty about Threelac, but has anyone used Primal and notice a big enough difference between it and a cheaper probiotic to justify the price?

I've used Jarrodopholis from Prohealth and found it was good, but not necessarily better than my usual Cal'dophilus by Natural Factors. I've found I do best by taking 2 different probiotics because they all seem to have different effects. Paying for both Jarro and Cal'd are still cheaper than the Primal alone.

has anyone proved Primal it worth it?

Jeanne
  10. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

I've also been taking Primal Defense since march 2004 per the advice of my holistic MD.

I've found it has been very effective at combatting yeast/candida in the gut & to my overall health.

Am paying about $54 for 180 caplets, & using normally 2 caps twice a day before meals.

Good stuff & it really helps !

JT