Primal Defense ? Jeanne In Canada,..please/or anyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jun 23, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi Jeanne~
    I noticed from past posts that you boast alot about Primal defense. I have a question for ya if you can?

I was taking primal defense for as long as a bottle of 180 caps. lasted. The most I ever got up to taking a day was 5 capsules. (felt no detox ot herx)
    But somedays I'd take only 2 or 3.
    This seemed to help my IBS d somewhat.
    However,...after I ran out of primal,....about 7 days later I had a severe bout of my IBS symptoms.
    It waxes and wanes but its been pretty bad even still today.
    My question is,..What maintenence dose are you on?
    Its a darn expensive product, & I think well worth its cost. I just can't afford to take it according to the bottle directions.
    Do you think I'd benifit taking whatever amount I could afford?
    Have you by chance tried the enzyme product they carry?or any others by Garden Of Life?
    Thanks for your time~
    Tandy :)

adding: You can't find another on the market with the HSO . and it seems a pretty important little ingredient.
    what are your thoughts?
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats a good idea
    since the jarro are way more easier on the budget.
    I did use the Jarro brand one time
    and did'nt notice as much
    benefit as I did with the primal.
    I noticed the newer ultra primal defense,...
    so its suppose to pack a bigger punch?
    Maybe that might be better since I could maybe get away with using less?
    Thanks for your help~
    I'll be ordering something very soon
    I need some relief even if its small
    :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I maybe take it a week out of the mth, adn just once, maybe twice daily at 2/3 of a dose. I never could get up to a full dose w/out a horrible herx.

I have the powder which is far cheaper. I call it my dirt drink and mix a bit of olive leaf for extra yeast busting. For convenience I sometimes encapsulate some w/ my own capsules.

If you can get to a cheaper town or suburb, you'll notice quite a price difference. I caught a sale and got it less than half the city price. I also take 2 otehr probiotics, Jarro and my mainstay, Cal'dophilus by Natural Factors, which is much stronger than Jarro. They are both good pro-b's, but nothing has dented the IBS like Primal has.

Jeanne
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I think I will get back on the primal,...
    taking whatever amount I feel I can,..along with another probiotic.
    Now brand looks like a decent one at a reasonable cost.
    So does Jarro.

Take care :)