****PRIMAL DEFENSE USERS, what has it done for you?****

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm also very curious, for those that have used both Primal and Threelac, what were the different benefits?

Jeanne
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

My fiance wanted me to order Threelac despite the formidible expense because of such chronic yeast infections and bowel problems it had killed my sex drive. Vested interest he had, heh. I decided to try Primal first because I could buy it locally and it's much cheaper that way.

I've only been on it about 3 weeks and it is normalizing my bowel function, which was almost nil, and also healing my gut which was horribly corroded due to Questran treatment, which lowers cholesterol by drawing it into your colon via your bile. Bile is very corrosive, it's what digests your food in the small intestine. Not sure why it corroded my gut so bad, my mother took it for cholestol and had no side effects. I felt like I was LSD through the treatment. A big oops for me, but who could know, other's have been cured by it.

That all made me so tender that every time I had a bm I hurt all day and bloated. If I had diarrhea, then I could barely eat that day. I felt every pill that went into me, when it hit my gut. Eating hurt my gut. I lost alot of weight, about 115 now, was only 125 lbs. I got new food sensitivities and some old ones back. When SAD hit me and I got severe constipation, my bm's got so hard I would get bleeding fissures.

the treatment was in spring, and I'd been stuck like that until teh Primal recently. Usually enzymes, aloe, and dandelion and catnip teas would heal my gut and clear food sensitivies, but not this time. Usually probiotics weren't doing much either.

So that is how bad I was, and this is what Primal is clearing. So far it isn't doing much for chronic vaginitis. I'm worse actually, though my tongue and gut are much better. I may try Threelac if Primal doesn't take care of the vaginitis over long term use. But I want' to give it a good go, since it's done amazing things so far in a short time.

Jeanne
  3. Prunella

Prunella New Member

For vaginitis try using acidophilus vaginally. That really worked for me. It was amazing.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

I use Cal'dophilus caps, which are not enteric coated and breakdown easily. I alternate w/ yogurt and aloe vera gel.

The aloe gel is quite strong and lacks the odiferous component of using probiotic or yogurt. Aloe also really loosens the yeast from the vaginal wall. Another thing I use after sometimes is very strong chamomile tea, cooled of course, in a syringe and do a syringe wash. The aloe loosens, and the chamomile washes it out.

I've alternated these natural treatments w/ Terazol, a three day ovule treatment. this was how I got the yeast under control and down to once a mth. Once a mth is the best I've gotten it in 6 yrs. Ovulation is the big trigger for me, so it must have to do w/ hormonal fluctuation. Ovulation is when progesterone levels go up and estrogen goes down. I've heard that pregnancy puts a woman's progesterone levels very high adn many women get prone to yeast infections for this reason.

the fact taht I get an infection at every ovulation means I can't conceive. And if I were to conceive, since it seems to be hormone activated, I shudder to think of how bad it could get during pregnancy. But I guess pregnancy isn't an issue as long as vaginitis kills my ovulation chances.

Jeanne
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

6. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

I tried Primal Defense for 6 months or so and it was of no
    help for me. I took the hard capsules and I think they did
    not dissolve in my stomach. I should of taken the powder
    instead.

Dreamharp
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

I call it my dirt drink, though I do enjoy the taste. Taking it in drink form has the benefit of clearing the film off your tongue, and clearing any mouth, throat or esophagus yeast buildup.

I think if you gave it 6 mth, you gave it a really good go. Just may not be for you.

Jeanne
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I have not used Threelac, but the Probiosyn, Primal Defense, has helped my tongue and my gut. Like you, the vaginitis is still a problem and have to use the Gynazole Vaginal Cream once to twice weekly. I know right now from blood tests and going through a hysterectomy that my progesterone was slightly high and my estrogen has dropped and like those of you who are still intact, LOL, I had problems every month around ovulation.

GBHope
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

If you have MCS and SAD too, you'd be my long lost twin. Though I have to say, between adrenal/combo glandulars and my light lamp (bionic full spectrum kind) I have the SAD so under wraps, I barely know it's there.

How long have you been on Primal? I'm only 3 weeks maybe. I'm thinking of adding in coconut cream, for the caprilic acid content, it's a potent antifungal. I'm just leery of doing a fullscale antifungal treatment in the dead of Canadian winter. It's super hard on the body to go through yeast die off in a cold winter, esp. given one of my worst die off symptoms is chills.

Jeanne
  10. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I'm using the tablets, and I am only taking 1/day due to the cost, and I don't really know if it is helping me at all. I have IBS-C, and with all the other meds I am taking are making the C worse. I was hoping the Primal Defense would help with that. I have also been taking garlic pills (NOT at the same time) and LOTS of magnesium to help with the C. It's not really helping that much. My pain isn't so bad right now, but the fatigue is really bad right now.

What does the powder taste like? I have an adversion to things that don't taste good. The pills taste yucky enough!
    Raz
  11. Jeanne-in-Canada

It tastes like a dirty green drink, but I like it and other green drinks.

I suspect the powder would help better w/ IBS C. There are a few of us that it is clearing up constipation for, so I'm not sure that it is a typical benefit of PD. I'd have to ask what form of magnesium you are using to try and loosen your bowels? I tried magnesium tabs and they constipated me worse than ever. You'd be best off w/ plain, unflavoured milk of magnesia, even a flavoured one wont work as well. I know I started w/ a minty one w/ asparatame and other junk, which only worked so so.

If you list your other supplements, you may be able to figure out what is constipating you. I've discovered through trial and error that these supplements, or even just bits of additives to combo supplements will constipate me:
    - MSM
    - glucosamine sulphate
    - NAG (N-acetyl-glucosamine
    - marshmallow root
    - calcium carbonate (but alright in multis)
    - magnesium pills (alright in multis)

Jeanne
  12. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I definitely have MCS, fibro, CFS, IC, and definitely have SAD lately. Hate this gloomy weather. I just wish I would get everything under control. Today is rough, as I have not had enough sleep. Some nights I just can't sleep and others I sleep so, so. I'm sure part of my problem is the menopause and the thyroid trying to readjust. I guess we just have to keep on trying. Some days I get sick of trying though.

GBHope
  13. tansy

tansy New Member

It felt as though it healed the gut better than any other probiotic I have used.

Threelac was not a success for me; it made me too constipated and this did not improve over time. However one of the strains in threelac, L-sporogenes, helped correct the constipation and seemed to work better generally for me than threelac did. I use iflora as well atm.

Tansy
  14. tandy

tandy New Member

I've been taking the PD for over a yr now.
    Sometimes I forget it now & then and skip a day.
    But I usually DO take it daily.
    Just 1 a day.
    But in the beginning 3-4 months I took 3 a day spaced apart. I think this product has given me the best results in controlling my IBS D.
    I've tried a few products aimed at helping the Gut and colon and nothing helped at all.
    This ones a keeper for me.
    I'm satisfied with PD. just wish they'd lower the price a bit!!lol (fat chance huh)
    hope this helps :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  15. Prunella

Prunella New Member

I have been following these threads with interest. I am so glad to see people list their main symptoms as IBS-D and IBS-C. That is so helplful. What a great idea!

Does Primal Defense work better for D and ThreeLac work better for C? Any more input?
  16. Jeanne-in-Canada

Quite a few have posted that Threelac made them constipated though. Makes me glad i tried Primal first.

Too soon to say for sure, but it seems Primal is much better for healing the gut of imflammatory bowel disorders, but Threelac may be better at eliminating severe candida.

I'm still hoping to get more comments from people who've tried both. But any feedback is great. Thanks.

Jeanne
  17. Jeanne-in-Canada

18. Jeanne-in-Canada

past, present, future, next life?

Jeanne
  19. skierchik

skierchik New Member

My friend used Threelac after convincing herself that Candida was her problem. She even did a poop test via Great Smokeys Lab but didn't wait for the results before spending the money on Threelac. Anyway, it didn't help her and the test result showed normal Candida, but the test itself was vague and a waste of money. There are other less expensive options to try but I am curious if you've had a poop test done?? Is Candida the culprit?

There's a product called Paragone, I believe it's made by Integrative Therapies, Inc. Both my friend and I have gotten better bm's from using it, but it's expensive too.

I put my mom on regular acidolphilus (Natural Factors) which is inexpensive, for her IBS and she got immediate good results. If you use a large amount of any kind of probiotic as many practioners recommend you will run into a "healing crisis" from detoxing and may feel worse for a bit, but you can always back off and then restart once you've recovered.

Bottom line...I healed my gut from using large amounts of acidolphilus (the rerigerated only kind) by Natural Factors...they make one that has 10 billion organisms per capsule. Sometimes took 8 at a time, 2 times a day. I had to play around with the amount to see what worked for me. I didn't want to preciptate a severe healing crisis and dumping too many toxins into my system. If your organs are weak & can't handle too much, do go slow. But it's not expensive, and Primal and Threelac are. Once I got decent bowels (one piece shaped like a banana) not everyday but overall had improvement, than I used Inulin or FOS powder. At first I used 2 tsp.'s per day until I saw improvement. Now, I don't have to use any probiotics ever. A good diet keeps them moving in the right direction.

Hope this helps.

skierchik
  20. Jeanne-in-Canada

Always used the non dairy, Cal'dophilus though. And I never did stop getting a short herx reaction from them, they are 6 billion mixed strains + FOS. They got me off to a great start, but a probiotic alone has never worked as an antifungal for me and has never been able to recolonize my gut to where I didn't need them. Just running out for a few days would bring on a crisis. It kept things mostly under control though.

Where i ran into problems w/ chronic vaginosis, was when I got convinced to try long term, low-dose abx, that was just the start anyway. There is no conclusive test for candida, unless it's vaginal cultures, it's a syndrome where you have to look at the symptoms. And if it's vaginal, no sane woman needs a test to tell her, you can see it, smell it, feel the lowback and abdominal pain. When I have that under control, my period/PMS cramps almost go away.

I have tried many probiotics, Cal'dophilus was my keeper for years, but I got in dire straights from Questran and Primal has been the ONLY thing to help. All my usual herbals and aloe taht heal digestion and move bowels were not working, until Primal.

I hated to shell out the money. I made an inner vow not to give Primal or Threelac the outrageous amount of money they wanted, just on principle. it's good to never say never, cuz i got desperate enough. Got the Primal half price though, and vaginosis was ruining my sexlife, so I struck while the iron was hot. Sorry I waiting so long too.

Jeanne