Prince Harry Going To Iraq NOT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, May 16, 2007.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Just read on MSNBC that Prince Harry won't be going to Iraq, it's too dangerous for him and the men he would be deployed with. They still have to go, just Harry gets special treatment.

I agree and I disagree. It shouldn't have been an option so it wouldn't have been publicized like it has been. I think he should have been excluded quietly and let it go at that.

2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Wise decision I think in not allowing him to go.But I agree with you,it shouldn't really have been an option in the first place.
    The danger for him going is obviously that he & his colleagues would have been prime targets.Not only that but he would be tagged for the rest of his life as the Royal that fought in Iraq & all the baggage that would have came with that.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

War consists of old men sending young men off to die.

Nowadays, of course, we have to add young women.

But who cares about Prince Harry? What is Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) up to these days? He was appearing in a play, but I read that's over.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

was never going to be put in danger but he would have endangered everyone else.

Like Rock says, who cares!!! The royal family can disappear into oblivion for all I care.

Harry Potter - yes Daniel got rave reviews for his acting on stage, good for him.

5. painterZ

painterZ New Member

Harry joined his country's military, and seemed to have a true desire to be there and be deployed. I don't agree with this stupid war, never have, but I do think that any young person who goes into the military, no matter what country, deserves some respect.

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

because that is what the Royals normally do, there is no other place for them, they rise up the ranks to the top whether or not they have ability or sense and usually they are lacking in both.

Harry has been warned not to go out and do his usual partying and clubbing while his army unit is out in Iraq so guess he'll be doing it behind closed doors.

[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2007]