Pro Boost

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MaryCecelia, Feb 16, 2006.

1. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

Because nothing else I've tried over the years has helped me, my dr. now wants me to try Pro Boost. I've read the past posts on it and see where several of you had success with it. Is it still helping you? Thanks.
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I used it for only one month, last June, I think. I did see improvement. Money was tight and I didn't reorder. I would like to restart it though.

Anyone else?
  3. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

Inquiring minds would like to know??? I am desperate for anything?
    thanks
    Angel
  4. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I have EBV, fibro, CFS, Lyme, & HHV-6, and my dr. said it should help with all of these. He also wants me to try Ambrotose for my IBS, but I can't afford too many at once. From what I read at this cite, Pro Boost has helped some but not others. I appreciate the responses. Here's a description of it from the store here.
    The thymus gland, the master organ of the immune system, produces T cells, key defenders of your health. As we age the thymus gland shrinks, leaving only the remnants of thymic protein stimulation. The single protein contained in Pro Boost Thymic supports thymus activity by increasing the production of T4 lymphocytes.
    Until recently, the idea of oral administration of proteins has been excluded, because large polypeptides would be digested and unabsorbed. Because the product [ProBoost Protein Thymic A] is taken sublingually, the degradation of the protein in the stomach is avoided. Furthermore, large proteins can be absorbed intact across oral mucous membranes.

How it Works
    The primary ingredient in ProBoost is Thymic Protein A. Thymic protein is the key to the human immune system, and has been scientifically demonstrated to stimulate immune activity. ProBoost stimulates T-4 helper white cells to locate abnormalities and to dispatch T-8 killer cells to destroy them. ProBoost contains over 500 amino acids, comprising the entire protein molecule.

All other existing thymus products are not biologically active, because they contain only fragments of the entire thymic protein necessary to stimulate T-4 cells. Fragmented proteins will not "fit" into the receptor site of the T-4 cell, and therefore will not program it as ProBoost does. No other thymus extract or product is comparable to this unique protein. It is so unique that the doctor who developed this product has been awarded a US patent.
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

3 times a day. I thas helped with my flu like symptoms. It is expensive. I get it from here.
  6. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I've had CFS for 10 years. Recently started on ProBoost, and noticed an improvement pretty quickly.

Took the edge off the fatigue. I still get tired, need to nap etc, but the quality of my waking time is better....

Now considering transfer factors....

Cheers
    Delia
  7. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I appreciate the responses. My order should arrive next week.