Pro Health Vitamins...a bit confusing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hugs4evry1, May 23, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Ok, here's the deal....

I've decided that since my hubby isn't getting any help medically, that we should invest in some good vitamins and things to try for him.

So...if money were no object (and it is, I'm just asking) what would you purchase from the store here and what have you tried that you wouldn't buy again?

I've already purchased a few things...fibro multi vitamins for me, and Vital Energy Caplets, Peaceful Nights and Chromium Picolinate for him. (and 1 for me too)

So when I read more posts with more information, I head right to the store and put more things in the shopping basket for payday. So far there's NADH, Enzymatic Therapy Acidophilus Pearls, and Coenzyme Q10 50mg Soft-gels.

Do you find these to be better quality than the cheaper ones on the store shelf? Any benefits to buying them here? I like contributing to research too.

I have no idea why I've never checked here before except to say that this flare has been horrible and I've just never even thought of it. Never entered my mind...

I've also ordered the catalog with my first order so maybe that will help to put things into perspective (having something to read in front of me instead of flipping puter pages.

There's so much to choose from and I don't want to overlap things but I don't want to forget something that may be important.

Thanks all...

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  2. michella

michella New Member

I'd take ginko biloba at least 120 mg. Its good for circulation to your brain and other body parts. I say it's a must have.
  3. WendyC

WendyC New Member

I personally would not take a lot of individual vitamins. Try to get combinations and research documented deficiencies. For instance, the one supplement that has helped me the most is 'From Fatigued to Fantastic'which combines a host of vitamins, minerals, amino acids. I also take undenature whey protein for glutathione, digestive enzymes for hypercoagulated blood, probiotics for yeast, Flax seed oil for omega 3 deficiency, milk thistle and dandelion root to detox. Good luck

wendyc
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good information to sort through...

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

My pain levels shoot right up when I run out, so I won't be making that mistake again. I was running out of narcotic meds too early because of running out of enzymes, ouch.

There is good info on it at the store. It's for joint and muscle inflammation and is a mild painkiller too. It's invaluable for period & IBS bloat, for various muscle inflammtion I get sporadically, and for detoxing, cleans your blood and lymph too.

Jeanne

6. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I tried the NADH, but it really doesn't seem to make a difference with me.

I am currently taking:
    Women's Multivite w/Extended release 1 am, 1 pm (has super b complex, A, D, E, iron, chromium, calcium, etc)

L-Carnitine - supposed to facilitate metabolism of long-chain fatty acids

Biotin - again - metabolism of long-chain fatty acids

CoQ10 - facilitator of the Krebs (your body's energy) cycle (NADH is supposed to facilitate in same cycle)

Omega3 - good for lowering Triglycerides and "bad" cholesterol, also supposed to be good for joint lubrication and skin health

Melatonin - 3 mg

Magnesium

Acidophilus Biobeads

Ester-C vitamin C

Valerian Root 500 mg

I am going to try 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) as it is supposed to help with energy levels, weight loss and facilitates production of serotonin - the literature I have seen for therapeutic dose is about 200 mg/day

I am going back to Evening Primrose Oil - it is helpful with inflammation - I have fibrocystic breasts and when a fibrocystic lump is forming, it hurts like heck. My breast surgeon suggested it. Maybe it will also help with my joint inflammation.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I really needed the input from someone else to help me sort through all of this.

I'm going back to check out a few more things, Thanks!!!

Nancy B.