PROBIOTIC QUESTION

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deblin, Nov 6, 2006.

1. deblin

deblin New Member

are refrigerared products better than room temp. ones??
    in search of a good probitic. any suggestions- much appreciated!!!

i was taking jarro acidop.. eps, not a refridereate kind, but not working for me anymore

[This Message was Edited on 11/06/2006]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Jarro-Dophilus which needs refrigeration and have been for years. They still work great. When I was up in Atlanta, I bought some other brand which don't need refrigeration and found they didn't work as well. I'm not sure whether it's the fridge or brand which made a difference. Sometimes you just have to try different things. People here talk about Primal Defense and the good results they have received. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. renjanson

renjanson New Member

My doctor suggested BIO-K plus.

It's a 3.5 ounce bottle and its expensive.

It's the only one I have tried, but I might try the one that pro health makes soon and see how I do.
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I have to buy the kind that isn't refrigerated (Acidolphilis pearls) from Pro Health because I live overseas and get mine through the mail.

They work fine and wonderful for me, no problems whatsoever and they've made a huge difference in my life too.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. DorothyVivian

DorothyVivian New Member

Deblin, although I tried a kind put out by Great Earth Nutritional products (a California firm)that didn't have to be refrigerated, these didn't work as well for me as those that need to be kept cool.

For the past 18 months, I've taken two capsules of Metagenics Ultra Biotics Plus daily and this seems to work well for me.

Also, for the past 18 months, I've learned a practice which has been beneficial for nearly eliminating my gastro-intestinal problems--and that is, eating an apple with every dose of pain meds: Lyrica (pregabalin) and Ultracet (tramadol with acetaminophen) has worked very well. No constipation or diarheea!

This may work for you.

With love, Dorothy
  6. cct

cct Member

I read somewhere that we are supposed to change probiotics from time to time. Switch things around so that our bodies (and good bacteria) do not get too dependant or too sensitzed to any particular product.

I use Bio-Beads (Natrol), Acidophilus Pearls (Enzymatic Therapy), and Primal Defense (Garden of Life).