Probiotics and IBS (diarrhea)

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by jaminhealth, Dec 10, 2012.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

My neighbor has IBS issues, mostly diarrhea...she just had to be on an abx for root canal work and told the doc the drug could mess her up re: IBS... so doc gave her what was supposed to me a "milder" abx...but my friend said it was awful.

So she called me yesterday in misery and asked if I could spare some probiotics and I had some extra so gave them to her....just talked to her and the probiotics did the trick, the diarrhea stopped with the probiotics.

I've been taking Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes and DGL so long that I never get the IBS stuff....especially diarrhea.

I've had a long history of constipation but work to keep regular with extra magnesium and other stuff. Including all the above 3 I mentioned.

Just a reminder on the importance of the 3 I mentioned. jam
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've never had a doc mention probiotics when prescribing ABX. What they don't teach them in med school is worse than what they do teach them.

Love, Mikie
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

it's almost like they enjoy keeping people sick....

Thank goodness for books, internet, etc....we have to work on healing ourselves....very minimal contact with MD if one can help it...

My friend ran out of probiotics, she knows about the connection but it's true docs never mention that one. I've not taken many abx meds in my life, and the last script is for amox for dental appts since hip replacement, surgeon NEVER mentioned probiotics.....if one doesn't know, they don't hear it from the doc.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

About my fungal rash on the MS board or the Lounge on Chit Chat. Ignorance is alive and well in the medical community.

Love, Mikie
  5. lesliesue

lesliesue New Member

...you really got to wonder sometimes. I had a Lyme doc diagnose me with Fibromyalgia and then tell me that exercise and diet doesn't help. That raised a little red flag considering I already knew exercise really helped me.

Love,
    Les