PROBIOTICS......... have you noticed?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Oct 25, 2006.

1. They are really getting alot of attention lately. Tv ads, articles in magazines and newspapers, activa commercials, etc.. There was even a dr. on The View a few days ago talking about how they keep our bodies healthy and we should take them everyday. For along time people would say pro what? Now everyone seems to know about them.
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes, even Dr. Oz on Oprah one day not too long ago recommended them. And we knew it all along.... ;>)

Marta
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

After about the age of 30 to 35, our bodies start slowing down production of the good flora in our guts and it has to be replaced. Unfortunately, most people do not know that this is how to help prevent Leaky Gut Syndrome, a serious condition which can make one very ill.

I was lucky in that years and years ago, I saw a video on probiotics and LGS. When I had to take the Doxycycline for 2 1/2 years for my mycoplasma infection, I never had gut problems. I attribute that to the probiotics.

Love, Mikie
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

On this board and they've made a huge difference in my IBS-D. I've put hubby and daughter on them too.

How I wish 18 years ago that someone would have mentioned them to me as an alternative to medications.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. suz45

suz45 New Member

Fibro Butterfly:

I too had noticed the recent attention being given to probiotics, gee I wonder if anyone had checked in with the FMS/CFS community (lots of us ) years ago if they might have put 2 +2 together and figured out that we were on to something that was good for our bodies.

Well at least the info is getting out there, too bad it doesn't seem to count unless its from a celebrity or on TV.
    I have alot of respect for Dr. Oz... But real life people and how they have coped counts too.

I will keep taking my probiotics daily...for me.

Suz45
  6. How much do you take a day? Do you follow the directions on the bottle or take more or?.......
  7. suz45

suz45 New Member

Butterfly:

I take l capsule in the morning with breakfast or snack and another capsule at night shortly after dinner. I have noticed an improvement since uping to 2x daily.

Directions on my bottle indicate it can be taken up to 3 x daily. Hope this helps you out in some way. I have less IBS symptoms than ever before. I really believe the probiotics play a major role.

Suz45
    [This Message was Edited on 10/26/2006]
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I buy the Acidolphilus Pearls that they sell here at Pro Health and I just take one a day. Same for hubby and daughter.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  9. wendye

wendye Member

Can someone please explain to me what these are and what do they do. Where would I get some and what brands etc are best.

Thank you

Wendy
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I buy my Probiotics here at Pro Health. There's a link next to the purple 'community' tab on the top of each page that takes you to the store.

I really believe in buying almost all of my supps here because they use a portion of the proceeds for research.

I also live in Germany which makes it difficult to go down to the corner apothecary and choose what I want.

I chose the Acidolphilus Pearls because they don't need to be refrigerated and since my mail can take a week or two to get here it made sense to me.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  11. I went to the health food store and the owner who has owned the store for yrs., recommended The Jarro dophilus acidopolus , it is in the refrigerated section. She is very knowledgable of supplements.