Probiotics Side Effects

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by yodasmom, Oct 26, 2006.

1. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

Does anyone have problems handling probiotcs? I seem to get bad herxing even from yogurt. Very frustrating because I know I need it due to yeast and other abdominal problems.
    Any thoughts....gone on for years.
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by herxing from the Probiotics...but I do know for me that when I first started taking them (how do I put this delicately?).....I had to use the bathroom a lot more than usual.

After a few months things evened out and everything's working more normal than it has in over 18 years! I've even been able to cut down on my Immodium too. (From 4 down to 2 and possibly even just 1 today)

Hugs,

Nancy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Herxing only occurs when there is massive killoff of pathogens. Now, it's possible that if the gut flora is improved, there could be a killoff, but it's not likely. It's more likely that the gut is trying to balance itself and that is keeping it upset. The advice to start out more slowly and work up is a good one.

Love, Mikie
  4. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

thanks everyone. It seems the Probiotics actually give me flu-like symptomes like they make my CFS worse. i am trying again with small amounts after doing some muscle testing to use the right brand. I've had bad symptoms for the last few eweks with lotsof nausea so I am trying the prob. to see if it clears some of it out.....so frustrating!

I will try bites of yogurt. That was actually recommended by a medical intuitive 9I've been to see everyone!)
  5. ladykew

ladykew New Member

I tried everything, then I asked my pharmacist what kind of probiotics he often ordered, and he said FloraQ was very popular. I tried it for 30 days and have been taking it for about 5 months now. It has been great for me. It's in a small capsule, to be taken once a day with water, and it doesn't have to be refrigerated like some others I have taken.

I love it. The price is comparable to any others you would buy...about $29. for a month's supply. You might want to give it a shot!

~~~~
    Lady Lew