Probiotics

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swimmer71, Feb 20, 2006.

1. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

Is there a safe probiotic that I can go out and buy and see if it helps me?

I like the idea that it can help stimulate energy in the cells.

I need advice.
  2. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

btt I need to know this too!

Much love,
    Nicole
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

iN FACT I am about to have mine right now. I even open the capsule and put in in a sandwich!

However, sometimes too much can make me a bit loose(bm's)

so I tend to do once a day or every other day + Yoghurt daily. I use lactose free probiotics and yoghurt but I think there has to be some lactose for the lacto strand.

Love Anne C
  4. leubie

leubie New Member

Sorry Yall to sound so stupid---but what are probiotics??? Thanks for all your great info---YALL ARE THE BEST--I love this site.Love to all -Laura
  5. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

can you just go to a healthfood store to purchase these thanx
  6. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

You can get "Jarro-Dophilus EPS" here at the store on the Fibro board,that's where I got mine. It's very good probiotic. There are many different kinds,but I think this is one of the best, that I have used.
    Shirley
  7. AJME

AJME New Member

I 2nd the DanActive. You know your probably getting the 10 billion cultures as advertised. Cause its kept refregirated and its from a yogurt company with a good track record...Dannon.
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

which I highly recommend because it has similar, but also different benefits too, then my favourite store brand is Astro. Imho it is better tasting and more active than Dannon. Yogurt can help so much w/ indigestion, as can a probiotic. Yogurt will instantly take away heartburn, and sooth the burn of acid reflux and those nasty bile burps taht you get when you've been overindulging in the wrong foods. And don't we all have to do that, at least some of the time?

I also highly recommend probiotics. Best one I've used is Primal Defense, it far exceeded what any other could do in healing my gut, and even getting rid of food sensitivities. After Primal, Jarro-dophilus (I buy it here too), and Cal'dophilus by Natural Factors my economical standby that I've used the longest. It's stronger than the Jarro, but depending on how I feel and how much of a herx I feel like putting up w/, stronger isn't always what I want. They all do different things for me.

I've also found using several works best. These three, along w/ eating plain yogurt has been a winning combo for me.

jeanne
  9. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I have been using it for almost a year and it has helped my allergies and IBS-D. No more D! Which is amazing to me.
  10. marw

marw New Member

Yogart of any thing that germinates or cultures or has yeast gives me Migraine. However, I do take Acidophilus, which is the same thing, I think.

But I still get constipated. There are all kinds of combinations, as I understand it. Maybe I will try a different one or take it more often.