Probiotics

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by erica741, May 6, 2008.

1. erica741

erica741 New Member

What are the best probiotics to take while on antibiotics?

I've been taking Bio-K Plus, but my doctor says the pill forms are better(he didn't clarify why).

I'm looking for a probiotic that is most effective and convenient (no more than 2 pills a day).

Thanks!
    Erica
  2. erica741

erica741 New Member

It does seem that many on this board get their probiotics at their doctor's office. I think that's why finding a good probiotic has been such a mystery to me.

I talked to Dr. H's naturopath yesterday, and said the Bio-k is fine, as long as I take half in the morning and half at night.

Dr. H's office recommends Ultra Flora by Metagenics. There is a dr office near me where I get other Metagenics products, so I'll see if they carry the Ultra Flora.

Dr H's assistant also suggested Theralac, but it seems harder to get and I've read mixed reviews on it.

The reason I've stuck with Bio-K is that I tried a pill priobiotic a few month ago called Primal Defense by Garden of Life, and had unbearable bloating and gas. The naturopath said that Primal Defense is a terrible product because it's soil-based, and that many of his patients have had the same side effects.

If anyone has any input on the input on the products I've mentioned, please share.

Thanks!

Erica