Problem: Can't get to Doxygirl's PLEASE POST YOUR GOOD DOCTOR HERE!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

The problem is as stated in Subject. Nearly every day if I remember, I try to get Doxy's post to show up onscreen after clicking onher title.

Doesn't work. I get taken to a blank page on which nothing appears except her name & post title. I see the number of replies to D's post seems to be stuck at 375.

Trouble is, one of those replies is mine and I was hoping for a Good Dr in Lake County CA. My parameters are likely too strict; I'm hoping for a ME/CFS/Fibro-literate dr who doesn't think that all of us with all of those things can be treated identically and have no bad effects AND will become at least somewhat better-off.

I've sent an e-mail to (thank you, Jorgie, for replying to a post @Technical Support board when you sent me that address!) about this matter and a couple others.

I'm sure the TechSupport people are swamped with e-mails about problems so no, I don't expect a response soon --- but I'm not planning on leaving Ol Momma Earth right away so will do my best to be patient & wait for response or correction of issues. I'm not really fussy as to which happens, lol.

Curious: Is anyone else having the same trouble with getting to "PLEASE POST," etc? The glitch might be in my computer but I haven't noticed any problem in getting to posts with fewer readers cited...

2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

You could just start over with new thread, I'm sure people won't mind and would repost to you if necessary. There are still some strange hiccups at the site, but it's getting better.

I appreciate all the work that Tech Support has done for us, they've had a big job to do. Thanks Tech People!

Lea, where abouts is Lake County? I'm a native Californian and I'm guessing it's up north? I'm in So CA, but much preferred No CA where I grew up and went to college. Still miss it after 23 yrs down here!

Good luck finding that doc....
  3. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

Here's a list of doctors from Doxy's post. Most are in Sacramento and a few are in Santa Rosa. Sorry to say it looks like you'll have to travel to see one of these doctors.

Dr. Karen Reardon 1020 29th St. Sacramento, Ca. 916-733-8233

Dr. Ken Wiesner 650 Howe Ave. Sacramento, Ca. 916- 922-7021

Dr. Kwiker 3301 Alta Arden #3 Sacramento, CA 95825 916-489-4400

Dr. Lee Snook 2288 Auburn Blvd., #200 Sacramento, CA 916-568-8338 Pain management

Allen G. Gruber, M.D., 1111 Sonoma Avenue, Suite 306 Santa Rosa, CA 95405 707-546-7246

George Bisbee M.D. 500 Doyle PArk Dr. Santa Rosa CA 95495 (95404) 707-544-3411

Michael Powell Fibromyalgia treatment & learning center 650 University Avenue, Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95825 (916) 922-8400 FAX (916) 922-8488

Dr Martin Mulders 3301 Alta Arden #3 Sacramento, CA 95825 916-489-4400

Dunno if this applies to you but here ya go.
    California Pain Doctors Doctors that treat with narcotics for patients with Chronic Intractable Pain.

Veract Intractable Pain Centers:

Dr Forest Tennant West Covina, California 338 South Glendora Ave. West Covina, CA. 91790 Ph. (626) 919-7476 Fax (626) 919-7497

Grass Valley, California 12059 Nevada City Hwy. #106 Grass Valley, CA. 95945 CA. Ph. (530) 272-5992 Fax (530) 272-2970

Oxnard, California 2055 Saviers Rd., # 9 Oxnard, CA. 93033 Ph. (805) 487-9645 Fax (805) 487-9645

Santa Maria, California 614 E. Main St. PO Box 5338 Santa Maria, CA. 93454 Ph (805) 349-9949 Fax (805) 349-994

Dr. Timothy E. Lynch MD 817 W. 17th St. Santa Ana, CA 92706 714-991-7246
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Lake County is in North CA; about 2 or so hours north of SanFrancisco Bay Area if that helps you any.

And there is still more of the state north of here, around 3 hrs worth!

There's not a lot to do here on the cheap and some city-type conveniences just don't exist but the clean air makes it worthwhile.

Thanks for luck wishes re dr...

5. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Aha, I knew someone would have the answer. I'll try that Click & Wait that you suggest. Actually I have in the past hung around and waited for a couple minutes, suspecting just what you say happens, might happen...guess I just didn't wait long enough.
    Thank you!

6. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Jorgie thank you for grabbing some names for me! I appreciate it very much.

Wow a lot of those drs ARE a long way from here aren't they?
    And thereby hangs the problem: the bus from here which actually does go to Santa Rosa (for instance) twice a week is a bone jarring too long ride.
    How does a person who's already exhausted, close to feeling that a coma would be a good alternative, joking sort of, handle hours & hours on the roads when being home asleep on bed is what I'm usually doing at least during some of those hours & hours??

Grass Valley & Santa Rosa are, I think, about equal distances from here. Sacramento is a little farther and very large; I've been there a couple times and yow too many of the people there drive like MANIACS. What in the world is it with drivers in large cities? Anybody know?

Here I come again yapping about pain and how it hurts to be sitting that long, I do not drive but hopefully will find a home-helper one day who does.
    Helpers have lives too and I try to be considerate of that fact. Travelling down the 2 lane that is the route between here and places such as Santa Rosa is a scary event, too, rife with people from away from here who have no idea (nor road manners) how to drive on such a thing.

Oh how I wish drs would come here! We desperately need good ones.

Have just come up with what might be a good idea: I could WRITE to the drs before landing there at an appt to find that either they don't treat what's wrong with us or their treatment might be what we've tried in the past and found it to fail for us, everybody's different.

This is feeling better all the time, if dr whomever does treat the d'ds I feel that if I asked what the usual course of treatment was a good dr might not mind laying out usual protocol.

And of course I'd chuck in a statement about how I know drs are some very busy people and might not have time to get to my request right away.
    Yeah, lol, I was raised right, :). Psst, secret: I also know that saying something like "I know you are very busy" can sometimes bring my request for info a little closer to the top of a stack.

THEN would come the time when I'd maybe try to figure out how to get to wherever and be able to manage such skills as walking, talking, thinking at the other end of a looooong ride.:- /.

Again Jorgie thanks much.

7. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

You were right, Kina, about the "Go there and wait" thing.

It seems I just wasn't patient enough. Tried what you suggested and sure enough, there came all the posts.

Thank you!