Problem getting Oxycontin filled?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

An FM friend in Florida emailed me last
    night and said that when she went to get
    her Oxycontin prescription filled they
    told her no, that Florida Medicade is no
    longer paying for it. Has anyone else had
    this problem or heard of it? We are fortunate to have insurance and they are
    so far still paying for mine, but I would imagine this would be terrible news for
    anyone on Medicade if this is beyond Florida..or if you live in Florida. I would appreciate anyone's reply that knows about it. I'm hoping she was just
    misinformed. She has bad problems with most any other medication for her pain.
    Hugs, Bambi
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I live in TN and I am in a program called Tenncare and the first script that I got from the doctor Tenncare only paid for a two weeks suppley. I had to file and appeal with Tenncare so they could call my doctor and find out if it was something that I actually had to have. Of course everything went fine and now they pay for it. When the doctor went up on the dosage in MG I had to do the same thing again. If I was going to have to pay to have it filled it was going to be over a 100 dollars a month and there is no way I could afford that. Thats is the bad thing about having gov. insure we are at thier mercy.

hugs,
    Jeanna