Problem Teeth Anyone?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Recipes For Patients' started by Alyssa-Admin, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Hi all, I wanted to share something interesting with you....

My aunt has been taking Amitriptyline for the past 10 years for migraines....and...has now had to have a full set of veneers put in...why? According to her dentist (and other things I have also read), Ami apparently has the capacity to rot your teeth - from the inside out. $40,000 for a whole new set of chompers.

The other thing that a lot of us have issues with is TMJ. And between clenching and Ami, well, I am watching my teeth go from nice pearly whites, to chunks of them literally falling out (and not chewing on toffee either!).

For me, I decided to get a mouth guard to wear...and although it is supposed to be worn at night, I actually wear it sometimes during the day as well. I am constantly catching myself clenching...

Share your teeth stories here! :)

Here is the link about Ami and teeth http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/depression/medicines/amitriptyline.html
  2. Alyssa-Admin

Alyssa-Admin Active Member

Of course it would help if I didn't have this in the recipe section. DOH! Not sure how to move it. Help has been requested!
  3. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

If someone has sensitive teeth and doesn't want a toothpaste with fluoride, Squigle Tooth Builder has really helped me. It has Xylitol instead of flouride. One of the places you can buy it is Amazon. Here are the ingredients:

36% Natural Xylitol, water, calcite, glycerin, poloxamer, cellulose gum, Methocel, calcium propionate, lactoferrin
    memarsh3 likes this.
  4. Nice and informative post. Very well executed tips are shared.
  5. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Bones broths, cod liver oil, silica, and iodine can do wonders to build up teeth, even repair cracks and cavities.