Problem with esophagus - scared stiff

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by terra329, Aug 30, 2002.

1. terra329

terra329 New Member

I have not posted but keep on reading all posts. I have been running around trying to get help with severe pain in my chest - with cfs I am so used to going to doctors and them not finding anything - well this changed - I had this intense test looking at my digestive tract. The doctor found two lesions on my esophagus!! Try not to worry she said she is going on vacation and call her in 10 days. If it was real bad would she make me wait so long for an answer??? Friends tell me not to worry but my mind is going to planning the end. If this is not bad enough I go into a book store and start reading about Herpes 6 virus that I have and it said it is just as bad as HIV. I am so freaked out. It would be nice to hear others who had to wait for test results.
  2. terra329

terra329 New Member

I have not posted but keep on reading all posts. I have been running around trying to get help with severe pain in my chest - with cfs I am so used to going to doctors and them not finding anything - well this changed - I had this intense test looking at my digestive tract. The doctor found two lesions on my esophagus!! Try not to worry she said she is going on vacation and call her in 10 days. If it was real bad would she make me wait so long for an answer??? Friends tell me not to worry but my mind is going to planning the end. If this is not bad enough I go into a book store and start reading about Herpes 6 virus that I have and it said it is just as bad as HIV. I am so freaked out. It would be nice to hear others who had to wait for test results.
  3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

You've mentioned in other posts about acid reflex. I had a severe bout of GERD (gastro...reflux disease (acid reflux, sorry, fibrofog today..lol) several years ago. I had several lesions and lots of redness. After treatment w/ Prevacid and a change in some of my awful diet habits, they healed. I'm sure if your doctor was concerned about it being a health risk, she would have said something (I just don't understand why she didn't give you anything for it to ease your suffering now!)

If you're not already, drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I used to drink 7-8 glasses of regular pepsi a day! Watch out for fried foods and acidic foods. If she has anyone on call for her (which she should), call & ask about taking antacids--I would check with a doctor first.

Best wishes. From one worrywart (that's me!) to another--stress produces more acid, which causes more problems, so try not to worry! Take care, let us know how you're doing. Michele
  4. terra329

terra329 New Member

Thank you, thak you for telling me about your lesions and how you got better. The doctor did give me prevacid (how long were you one it?) I to have bad diet habits and will change them ASAP! She did say if it is not cancer she will want to go back in and scrap them off. Did yours just go away or did you have to have surgery?? I am also a worry wort and can not keep focused.
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

6 months maybe (I too have difficulty remembering sometimes!)

It helps me to remember that research has shown 85% of the things we worry about don't come true. I've found I can deal w/ the 15% much better if I've not made myself sick from worry ahead of time!

Take care. Michele
  6. terra329

terra329 New Member

I was able to get away this weekend - tried to forget about the results of my tests --- Thanks for the info Ruth - I am such a worry wort - I even worried in my dreams this weekend! - I am taking my Prevacid and find giving up coffee the hardest thing - - I keep falling asleep! Coffee was my ace in the hole when it came to getting things done when I could not move on my own steem.