Problem with knee hi's and socks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nitalynn, Dec 2, 2002.

1. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I seem to have developed a allergy to whatever it is they use in knee hi's and socks to make the elastic in the top. I don't know if they still use rubber or something synthetic these days. I have some anklets I can still wear but the weather is suppose to turn real cold here next week.
    Does anyone else have this problem? If so do you know of anywhere you can get knee hi's etc. that keep the elastic of the skin.
  2. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I seem to have developed a allergy to whatever it is they use in knee hi's and socks to make the elastic in the top. I don't know if they still use rubber or something synthetic these days. I have some anklets I can still wear but the weather is suppose to turn real cold here next week.
    Does anyone else have this problem? If so do you know of anywhere you can get knee hi's etc. that keep the elastic of the skin.
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

the pressure from anything latex breaks me out and causes extreme itching at the site. Also, however, denim waistbands do the same to me. Hate it, don't you???
    Kady
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That you have developed an allergy to something in the fabric(probably the elastic). I have a problem (now) with bras, some of them have 'something' around the edges that makes them 'grip' your skin, well it also makes a rash for me, and I itch like crazy.

You can buy all cotton socks and knee highs, but they are going to be a little hard to find.

So far I don't have a problem with socks and knee highs, just the bras.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

in the elastic. You can buy those scrunchy socks that don't have elastic in them. They are actually meant to bunch around your ankles but I have them and as long as your pants are tight enough at the ankle they won't fall all the way down.