Problems with body temp?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maleficent4310, Nov 19, 2002.

1. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

I was just wondering if anyone eles has had a problem with your temp being too low. Usually mine is around 97 degrees. I know that if I hit 99, that it is high for me, but today I have been dizzy and temp was as low as 95 degrees. I fianlly got it back up to 97, but I am not sure if that is a cause for alarm.
    Lisa
  2. maleficent4310

I was just wondering if anyone eles has had a problem with your temp being too low. Usually mine is around 97 degrees. I know that if I hit 99, that it is high for me, but today I have been dizzy and temp was as low as 95 degrees. I fianlly got it back up to 97, but I am not sure if that is a cause for alarm.
    Lisa
  3. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Always around 97. And I get cold so easy.

Dancersmom...thanks for this info: "There could be several reasons for low body temp and I don't know if you have had them checked out. First off would be thryoid. Low body temp is common with some thyroid conditions, like Wilson's. Another reason would be if your body is harboring parasites, bacteria/infections. Have you been checked for mycoplasmas, lyme, erlichia, babesia, etc."

I'm taking it with me to my next doc appt.

Regina
  4. Hapier1

Hapier1 New Member

I have low body temp too, usually 97, I also have problems getting so warm I feel like passing out. When I am this way I turn beat red and sweat profusely, but my temperature is not elevated. When my temp is low I usually feel very tired and dragging. My Doc says my internal thermostat seems to not be working properly. Who knows, with FM anything goes!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/20/2002]
  5. kellym

kellym New Member

Hi Lisa,
    I'm usually around 97 too and always COLD, because of hypothyroidism (even though I'm on thyroid meds) and CFS/FM. But right now I'm above 99, and feel like I'm coming down with something. OH Joy! Anyways, I would definately follow up on the thyroid advice.
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

My body temp is almost always in the low 97's and has been as low as 96.6. It's due to my hypothyroidism. Low body temp is the #1 symptom of this medical condition. Check your thyroid...with an endoc, NOT a GP!

Marilyn :)
  7. CAgirl

CAgirl New Member

My body temp. is always low, around 97. I have hypothyroidism, but I take medication for it.
    Take Care
    Laura
  8. sarasuzy

sarasuzy New Member

I also have problems regulating my body temperature. My body temperature is usually around 98. I get cold and hot very easily with the slightest outside temperature. Also, I have a problem with sweating, I don't do it often. If I am in the sun to long I pass out because my body can not sweat off the excess heat. I'm always cold. Maybe this is all part of the FMS or CFS.
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

is 96.8. If it is 98.6 I have a fever. I found out that I have hypothyroidism and have been on meds for 4 months.

However I have all the symptoms of hyperthyroidism except the weight loss (I wish!) I have been HOT since the day I got sick. So happy for this cool snowy weather.

I have read over the years that whatever it is that regulates out body temp (pituitary gland maybe?) is not functioning well for most of us.

Pepper
  10. Annie67

Annie67 New Member

I have always beared a sub-normal temp. I was diagnosed with fibro about a year ago, but I know I have had it since late childhood.. This is one of those symptoms that one would never tell a doctor, never the less associate it with widespread pain! I am appalled at the numerous amount of times my t's have been crossed and my i's dotted. My temp usually runs about 97.4 or so, and when I get to 99, I am burning up. I have had my blood checked, and no thyroid or other problems. I have also had a colonoscopy to find the reason for my acute abdominal pain, and the outcome was IBS. Not worms, parasites or any other. I think that a subnormal temp. could in some way be related to fibro.
    Best of luck!!
  11. maleficent4310

I know I have had my thyroid checked. It seems to get checked everytime I have blood work done. Alway neg though. I am not sure if they have checked for the other stuff though. I see my Rhm. on Dec 9, so I will bring it up. I done have a colonoscopy and an uper GI scheduled at the begin. of Jan. Maybe that will help me. With my luck though, it will be like every other test on earth and come back neg. Well anyway, thank you all. Now I know what to ask my Dr in a few weeks.
    Lisa