Problems with MS Outlook 2002

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by razorqueen, Nov 28, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

To all computer Nerds! :^)

We recently got a new computer, with Windows XP Pro, and I am using MS outlook 2002. I've been having alot of difficulties with certain people not getting my emails, and some people can't get theres through to me.

I even did a reply to my SIL that she sent me, and she never got it! I have checked over and over to make sure I have entered the address properly, and can't find any fault there.

This is getting very frustrating! Can ANYONE help me?

p.s. I'm not getting any notifications of failure to deliver either.
  2. larryh

larryh New Member

I an think of a couple of things that might be wrong. One could be that the ISP that you use is being blocked because some spammer is using the same ISP. If that is the case it may be really hard to do anything about it short of changing who you use for email. You can always use Yahoo or MSN for email if you really have to.

Another problem could be some sort of spyware or virus. Hopefully you have already installed something that protects your computer. It only takes an average of 20 minutes for an unprotected computer to be taken over by a hacker. If you don't have protection it isn't "if" you will be infected, just how soon.

Create an account on yahoo or MSN and send your email to yourself as well to make sure they are getting out.

Write back and tell us what anti-virus software you are using.

3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I am using Norton Antivirus, and I have dial up, so I am not online at all times.

I do have a htomail account I don't use very often, so I will email myself from that account and see what happens.

4. larryh

larryh New Member

You still need something to protect you from spyware. Sypbot Search and Destroy and Adaware are both free. IowaMorning Glory posted an easy link for Adaware. Pick one of the links from this web page ( ) to download Spybot.

5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I have Adware too. But this was a problem right for the get go, and we've only had the computer maybe a month at the most.

With the Adware, I don't know what should be quarintined, or what to do when things show up the the registry. On my old computer I just removed everything. Nothing was ever of great significance always tracking cookies, nothing higher than a 3.

What do I do with the stuff in the registry?

p.s. Had no problems emailing myself from my hotmail account.[This Message was Edited on 11/29/2006]
  6. larryh

larryh New Member

Before you do anything else go to Start>All Programs>accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Follow the instructions there to create a restore point. After that run Adaware again and let it fix everything it finds. After that check for any Windows or Office updates and if you find any download and install them. Sometimes patches will fix your problems.

If you need more help let me know and we can meet in a chat room real time or I am sure Laurie would be willing to also. She never sleeps so she has lots of time.

7. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Should I go back to the day after we got the computer and restore it at that point?
    Also, on Adware, I think my options are either quarentine or remove. Which do I pick?[This Message was Edited on 11/29/2006]
  8. larryh

larryh New Member

Create a new restore point today. Then choose quarrentine because you can reverse that easier.
  9. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I am glad you are getting some good help. I peeked in but Larry was doing a good job already. I don't know a whole lot about outlook because I primarily use hotmail, so I knew you were already in good hands.

I think the restore point should fix your problem.

Take care and good luck,
    Blessed Be & Kitten Hugs,

Oh! and I do sleep just not for long periods of time. :) and you can ask me something anytime, just post for me or Larry we are alway willing to help.