Problems with my contacts..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Jan 28, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I have been going to the eye dr. for a couple of weeks now..I have wore contacts since I was in 7th grade. I have tried several kinds..Now I wear disposables( have for years).

Anyways..My contacts drive me nuts..They hurt my eyes and the right one always twists and I can't see. I have astigmatisum(sp?) so I can only wear certain types of contacts.

I have a new eye dr.( he took the place of my old Dr.) and he is wanting to try to figure out what contacts to give me.. I told him my old eye dr. did that and always ends up putting me back in the same ones.. But it is torcher to keep trying different ones. He told me I was is problem patient..LOL

I just hate wearing my glasses..They make me really tired..As if I'm not tired enough..

Does anyone else have a problem with contacts??

SherylD
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I can't wear mine very often anymore because they hurt my eyes, I think it is from eye dryness, I don't know if that is caused from old age, FM or medication or all three
  3. IheartNY

IheartNY New Member

I am shocked!! I just thought it was my eyes, but i have a problem with my right eye especially, and if i wear my contacts i always seem to squint...I am seeing my urologist because of the FM...had no idea it could also affect my eyesight...disturbing how this "syndrome" disease affects our entire bodies!!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Bobi
  4. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Before I got sick, I used to wear contacts to work because they were convenient and I wore glasses around the house.

When I started to develop CFS, it became increasingly difficult for me to wear my contacts. They seemed to be always uncomfortable and hurt. Eventually, I gave them up and now wear only glasses. It is a pain, I know.

Have you noticed that your level of sight fluctuates? I find that when I am tired, I cannot see as well as when I am feeling a little better. The optometrist has said that my vision has not changed in the last few years, but subjectively, I think that it fluctuates daily depending on my health.

Perhaps I should have several different strengths of glasses lying around. But that would create a whole new set or problems.
  5. whoachief

whoachief New Member

I wore contacts on a daily basis until I got sick. Couldn't understand why in the beginning I couldn't wear them anymore. Now I've just given up! LOL They "hurt" my eyes & my eyes are too dry to wear them.
  6. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I guess you are talkin' about tort (sp) lenes for the astigmiatism. I'd say that is your problem. I tried every tort lens on the market and had the same thing happen...just one eye it hurt and was a total pain in the neck.

When I talked with my eye doc he said that the tort lens were for that but if they are not tolerated...and he said most people can't wear them very well...that there is no reason you can't just wear regular lens...so I switched and never had that problem again and I see better actaully...

Can't think of my numbers right off but i'm very nearsighted with little to nothing past a foot or so from my face and a high grade astigmatism...it is worth a try to see how regualr lenes work...
  7. kjfms

kjfms Member

...I have an astigmatism as well and have worn Acuvue 2 for years with out any problems all others hurt my eyes. I know what you mean about glasses, I can't wear them because I see the rims and it bugs me...LOL.

You might try them. :)

Good luck,

Karen
  8. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I also wear toric lenses. I cannot tolerate any of the thinner disposable lens. I have one toric once a year lens..that works perfectly...and I don't even try new ones anymore!
  9. SherylD

SherylD Guest

He had me trying new ones for the last couple of weeks.. We after a while I forgot how my old ones felt.. so the last couple of days I went back to my old ones..They killed my eyes..

Plus I wonder if I am not getting a cold or something..MY eyes just ache.

I have tried just regular contacts and my vision is not as good..I could always try it again.

I do think the ones he was trying on me were more comfortable after wearing my olds ones for a couple of days.

I don't know what to tell him..He says...Glasses??? He told me that he was going to have to do homework on me..He had to take my file home and he is going to call me tomorrow or Tues..

Should be interresting what he has to say..I'll let you all know..

Thanks for responding..

SherylD