Problems with speech

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Five0, May 15, 2006.

1. Five0

Five0 New Member

Has anyone here ever have A time when everything that came out of your mouth you had either studdered it or the thing you were going to say didn't come ouy at all. Does this desease do that. I started having the electrical currents going down my arm and the speach impairment.

I also just started taking ativan a couple of weeks ago, so maybe thats the problem.
  2. gkrrt

gkrrt New Member

I do that when i am having bad flare. People look at me like I am crazy, been to the hospital twice thinking I was having a stroke. I completely understand. Maybe it will get better and not worse. Call your doctor and see if they can see you to make sure that is all it is....
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have had slow speech .I also have had times where I would say a word and a different word would come out of my mouth then the one I thought I said.I had Nurerology problems and sezuries that I think caused this problem.But when I had a mental breakdown at the same time I was DX with CFS/FM I had several weeks where my speech was very slow I beleaved I had some kind of a stroke
  4. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

My problem has been and still is that i do not speak clearly. Others can not hear me and hubby is the worst. He says I am at my worse when I am terribly tired,

I have learned to ennunciate, even too much, to conquer it. It has helped immensely. The wrong words come out when i say a wrong name or place and know better. I just laugh and correct myself.

Good luck and gentle hugs