Problems with your tongue??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrotina1, Mar 30, 2006.

1. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

Anybody ever feel like they are tripping on their tongue when trying to talk? Sometimes when I am trying to speak my tongue feels as if it is spasming for a few seconds... nobody has ever said that they noticed it but it freaks me out.

{{hugs}}
    FibroTina1
  2. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

Honora ~ I am so glad I am not alone in this. May I ask you what is ME, my brain is in such a fog I am not recognizing it. I have not had the tests done that most people have had done, so no I have not had an MRI on my brain..I had one on my back. Mine only happens here and there.

Hope more can answer on here!!

{{hugs}}
    Fibrotina1
  3. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

Looks like we have the only wagging tongues here!

4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I posted on this months ago and didn't get responses :(

I have these strange burning sensations at times but mostly feel like my tongue does what it wants, when it wants...

Most bothersome are when talking, I think I am 'flapping' my tongue or it will relax TOO much and I bite it (OUCH)
    and while eating, I guess I forget I am chewing and move my tongue and WHAM, I bite it real hard...

I also have TMJ bad but I believe it's more the 'fog' that keeps me from doing things in the correct order, hence forgetting that I am chewing and my tongue relaxes to where it goes between the teeth...I also chew the insides of my cheeks...Gosh, I better stop yapping and eating...tehe

Well, we now know we are not alone in this, I am sure others will come along and post too...
  5. kel78

kel78 Member

I was just about to post the very same question! I've always had a very hard time getting my tongue to do what I want it to do. It feels like it's too big for my mouth becase it's always in the way. And for the past few months or so, I've been biting it an awful lot, which is incredibly irritating. In fact, just a couple days ago I did a terrible number on it. I'm still having an extremely difficult time eating or talking because of the pain. Both the surface of the tongue and the muscle seem to be injured.

Makes sense that the tongue could be involved in FM as every other body part is!

Mary
  6. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Sometimes I hate talking to people because I feel like they might tink I am drunk lol..
    I sound like it. Like my tongue is bigger in y mouth sometimes??

Tracy
  7. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

Mine isnt so much that I cant control it..more like a general soreness that never seems to go away, hurts to eat salty foods etc...have been using stepsil plus as they have something in them that makes you tongue feel numb....my tongue also feels swollen.
  8. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

my tongue sort of tingles sometimes for no reason and I also bite my cheeks (inside) when I am eating if I am over fatigued. It's a real pain but to me probably all part of these DD's.

Love Bunchy x
  9. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

I saw a show on a woman who had tourettes and the way she got ticks and such and it scared me when my tounge started doing very odd things. I wish ya'll didn't have it but am also glad you do so I don't feel so alone. Whew!
    I don't know how I am going to describe it to my doctor next month... but then again maybe he will understand what I am talking about... if at that time I know what I am talking about. LOL

Thanks all!!
    Fibrotina1