Probotics.....working for you? Need feedback

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Britt2, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

I am going to start on these, it sounds like many people on here have been on them - how have you found it?

Thanks for the feedback...

Erika
  2. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Erika:

Ive been on probiotics for years, since around the time I was dx. with FM and CMP (myofascial Pain ) I have noticed a big decrease in my IBS symptoms. They sell them here at prohealth, howver you can buy them at health food/vitamin stores.

I use Probiotic Acidophillus which contains over 100 million active Lactobacillus Acidophillus. I take one in the morning after I eat and 1 in the eveing after dinner.

If you are just starting you need to recognize that your instentines may go a bit beserk (herx) until the bad bacteria dies off and is replaced with the good bacteria, possibly some discomfort for 1-2 weeks, than you will begin to notice (hopefully) a positve response.

You may want to start with one capsule a day at first and increase in a few weeks. Also keep them in a the frig or cool non humid place. No bathroom cabinet. I hope this was helpful. I know my intestines are healthy now then they used to be and my body is able to absorb more healthy nutrients.

Good luck,

Suz45
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I didn't used to think that they were very helpful, but about three or four months ago my doctor (who does know CFS very well) said that it was better to take a much larger dosage.....10 billion or more. (This is about 10 conventional capsules.)

Doing this provoked a die off reaction (I'd never had one from probiotics before),, but my body feels pretty yeast-resistant at the moment.

I'm starting to think that maybe when things don't work for me, I need to up the quantities before giving up. NADH didn't work until 20 mg, and CoQ10 didn't work until 300.
  4. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Thanks so much!! I am going to talk to my dr about that and try them out :)
  5. deliarose

deliarose New Member

i've tried threelac and primal defense... looking for sthg new...
    delia
  6. TerryS

TerryS Member

Erika:

I'm certainly no expert, and just got diagnosed with CFS and FM in the past couple of months. I was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago. I also have just been diagnosed with primary biliary cirrhosis (an autoimmune liver disease).

Anyhow, the PBC diagnosis really shook me up. I started taking "Miracle Greens" about a month ago (available through ProHealth). It has 8.5 billion per serving. It's also decent tasting when mixed with apple juice.

I've noticed some positive changes already with my elimination function. It also provides the nutrients of five servings of vegetables (which is good for me 'cause I don't eat my veggies like I should).

Just thought I'd put my two cents worth in!

Terry Ann