procrastinate, me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by therealmadscientist, Jan 11, 2008.

1. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Just spent a few minutes wondering about my two clocks at home. Both still haven't been adjusted for day light savings time. I just subtract an hour and think about that I really should adjust them soon. Would probably take all of three minutes to adjust.

It's starting to feel like a reverse form of obsessive compulsive disorder:)

Does anyone else have this problem? Are there any awards for procrastination here? Cheers

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2008]
  2. therealmadscientist

I forgot. Silly me. It might take months for any procrastinators to reply. cheers
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2008]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about those clocks. If you wait long enough, the problem will solve itself.

I believe there is a reverse form of obsessive compulsive disorder. It is quite rare; called disorder compulsive obsessive.

I looked up "Reverse Jokes" on the net. I found this example of a reverse joke.

Two little kids at a wedding.
    Q: How many brides can the groom have?
    A: 16

Q: How do you know?
    A: The minister said 4 better, 4 worse, 4 richer, 4 poorer.

If there is anything "reverse" about that joke, I am the Queen of Rumania.

Rock
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    I hate to turn those Clocks back! But somehow manage to get it done within the first week or 2,,,,lolol,,I have been procrastinating about changeing the furiture around,,,,does that count?

However there is this one Plate type clock in the Kitchen that hangs way up high on the wall and i just leave it alone all year!,,,it would involve the step ladder!,,,,,

Rock ~~ i Love your reverse disorder saying!,,,lol,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2008]
  5. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Yes, I have heard that there are awards given out to the top procrastinators around here. They just haven't gotten around to giving them out for a good while now. LOL!
    (Sorry, in a silly mood today and just couldn't resist.)
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Hey,,,I want one of thoes smart set Clocks!,,,I'm going to look for one!
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

you wrote...
    "Both still haven't been adjusted for day light savings time."

to me, that means they are set for standard time, which is what we are in currently? So if that's true - you have until mid-april to re-adjust them.

Anyway, “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.”

Seems appropriate for us all?!

all the best,
    Victoria
  8. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I agree with Elaine! :) Take her challenge and report back to us. (BTW, I can look around and see a few challenges I should be giving myself, Lol!) Kim
  9. therealmadscientist

S-elaine that was a brilliant idea to time myself and make it into a game. At work, I get energized with emergency tests, but filing and stuff that can be put off does get put off....for months even.

It took 50 seconds to reset both clocks!!

Wow, a real cure for procrastinating. I even finished some other projects I'd been putting off! Like, my engine is unstalled.

I loved the "disorder compulsive obsessive" reversal:)

Oh, maybe now I can explain the unwashed dishes piling up in sink when I feel OK. I'm not lazy, it's just that I have Reverse OCD.

Much more common in men than women I suspect.

thanks, lol, your mr Bill

[This Message was Edited on 01/14/2008]
  10. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

is a very fine art, some of us with Reverse OCD are perfecting!!

Procrastination, finding the ambition, the energy, the umff, to move.

You tackled it head on Realmad! YOu shared with others that could encourage you, empathize, and challenge.

I find when i have something i really need done, i tell my close friend who is very organized and has the personality of the energizer bunny! (very annoying sometimes, but i love her)
    Then i know i'll be bugged, teased, challenged, and i'll finally do it, just to have some peace again!!! LOL

Procrastination is always thinking there will be enough time to do it later!! Later never comes, and then you get caught by someone "dropping" by, or not enough clean close for all your kids monday morning!! LOL
  11. laceymae

laceymae New Member

What does that mean?

Been meaning to look up the definition, but I keep putting it off.

lacey
  12. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I forgot to answer the clock question...I'll get back to that later.

hugs, lacey
  13. therealmadscientist

The clock record of 50 sec, I'm sure I can beat so will wait on entering a book of records. Or maybe will keep to myself because "I'm really doing it for myself". Something like that.

Sigh, the ROCD has kept me from doing dishes so far. Hmmm, too many variables. Maybe if set up specific rules, like, "How long to wash ten dishes?

Actually I'm trying to switch to paper plates and cups.

Fight4acure had a totally powerful description of procrastination. Scared me, it was so accurate:)

Cheers, your mr Bill
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2008]
  14. therealmadscientist

One dish a day? Most likely I'll throw in the garbage on the tenth day.

Hmmm, there is a stream nearby. Maybe they would get clean if I put them in the stream?

I know, I'll put plates on front porch and let local dogs, cats, skunks, birds clean the plates. Has to be some other way than washing them.

Maybe I can wash ten dishes in 50sec. Make a game of "what can I do in 50 sec".
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2008]
  15. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

is my middle name. I alsways leave things to the last minute.

I always feel like a failure. I can never seem to do anything right in some family members eyes so maybe if I leave it long enough someone else will do it.

I don't know....I just am a procrastinator.
  16. victoria

victoria New Member

"Why put off til tomorrow what you can do today..."

hope you're ok!