Procrastination,laziness or FM?Can't seem to get it done.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Aug 28, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I've been off work for 2 months now and still don't have anything done. Some days I just don't have the strength to do anything. I have so many things in my head I want to do or need to do but can't seem to get it done. I want to really get my house cleaned cause I think I'm gonna end up having to move. I want to learn to sell on ebay and I have lots of stuff to get rid of. I have some things I can sell around here. I can sure use the money. My Mom and sis never ask me to go anywhere with them. Guess they know most days I'm not even dressed but I told them they could at least call me ahead of time and ask me.

I've got to get this house cleaned and some of my stuff packed up cause I just know I'm probably gonna end up moving in with them and oh my gosh what a nightmare that will be. We are all so different and
    Mom complains constantly about everything and everyone. I know she'll be on my back. If it happens that I won't have any income to pay my share she'll never go for it. She don't care if I'm sick or not but she sure can be concerned about my sis and others. I've told ya bout that.

Anyway,do you do this also and feel bad about it? I feel horrible cause I can't seem to rouse myself to get it done. I'm so sleepy all the time even when I do sleep. It's h*** for me to get up before noon and get dressed. Next month I have to go to another unemployment class and it's from 9am to 4pm. Don't have any idea how to keep my mind focused all day cause I never can sleep when I know I have to be somewhere at a certain time.

Sorry so long. Keke
  2. spacee

spacee Member

Hon, don't beat yourself up. You are sick. It is fine to vent but I have walked down a somewhat similar rode wuth my mother. I never had to live with her but I would frequently be crying at the airport after being around her criticalness for a few days. I just did me in. It just adds STRESS and that isn't good for us.

I was telling my daughter in law that I always had plenty of things to do but then I said, "I think it is because I move so much slower." And she agreed.

I ususally can't take noise but when I am trying to clean the house, I do put on some music and that seems to help keep me going. I guess it is stimulating.

Just wanted to let you know I "hear" you. Take care of yourself!

Spacee
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am sorry you are having a difficult time. Many of us feel like you. Tired, procrastinate, just want to sleep, etc. And yes, I have felt guilty many a time.. I think it goes with the territory.

Alot of us have families who don't understand. After 3 years, I have learned to live with that. Most days that is! LOL I believe it is easier for THEM. They don't have to deal. I don't say much to certain family members, about how I am feeling.

Stormyskye suggests doing things for 15 minutes and resting. Then try another 15 minutes and rest. It really does help on days when I find it hard to motivate. Sometimes a list, that I can check off, helps me. Even if I don't get everything done, at least I can see some progress.

You need to take care of yourself. Listen to your inner voice. Not others!

Get some rest...

Hugs,

Kim

4. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

This is such a tough DD because it makes us doubt ourselves. I sounds like your being extra hard on your self. It's difficult getting things done when your exhausted and afraid. All your mind wants to do is make it all better or run away to another place.

My suggestion would be to take small steps, and tell yourself that for x amount of time each day you'll do a light chore, then stick to it.

Also attempt to get in some gentle exercise like stretching or short walks, if you are able. For me moving my body helps me get unstuck.

There's lots of help on these boards. Do a search for some of the questions you might have.

Good luck
    Yours,Lil
  5. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

someone named keke466! Are you living my life! I am just

the same, I have so much to do and just cant seem to get

it done. Everynight when I go to bed I think about all

the things that I would like to accomplish the next day

and do they get done...no! I can never get down to the

real cleaning because I'm always doind the same surface

stuff kids toys, cups, etc...

I sleep like poop at night and then I usually dont get up

until noonish and after I unstiffen for the next 2 hours

or so...well you know nothing really gets done!

Wish I had some better answers for you but hopefully it

helps to know that you are absolutely not alone!

Blessings,
    Kelly
  6. TerryS

TerryS Member

Kelly's got my story, too.

Hey, Kelly, I know the feeling about postings...TODAY, I answered at least two other peoples' posts (I say, at least, 'cause who knows how many other conversations I butted into uninvited thinking somehow they wanted to talk to ME!!!)

You really made me laugh!

Terry
  7. aj99000

aj99000 New Member

I feel ya KeKe. Anytime I know I got someplace to be I never sleep. Dunno what it is but you know you lack from sleep as it is and your mind is going OMG I can't sleep today I got such and such tommarow at such and such a time and your always looking at the clock and telling yourself Oh come on just 2hours of sleep and I will be fine. Yup I totally feel you there.

As far as moving in with the rents. I am sure they will understand. it's actually more affordable in the long run and good support system. But I am in the process of moving out soon lol I am in need of my privacy and quiet time. But yeah I wish you all the best and hope things smooth down for you. Best of luck.