Prof. Nicolson seeking candidates for neutraceutical clinical trial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by richvank, Mar 11, 2011.

1. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, all.

Prof. Garth Nicolson is enrolling candidates for a new clinical trial of a neutraceutical called ATP Fuel. It contains NT Factor, NADH, and coenzyme Q-10.

Here's the site where people can apply to participate:

Best regards,

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I just took the survey to see if I qualify to participate.

I took a product with NT factor before for a month and noticed no difference, but it was not in the large dose specified in this trial. I"ve also taken NADH before with temporary benefits, and CoQ10 with no noticeable difference. But what the heck - I'll post if I get into the trial.

Thanks for looking out for us -

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have great respect for Dr. Nicolson and his work, especially on the prevalence of mycoplasma infections in patients with Gulf War Syndrome. It was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my CFIDS/ME full blown and I loved next to a military facility where the troops were being vaccinated just prior to deployment at the time.

Don't know whether you've seen my posts but I'm investigating peptide injection treatment.

Love, Mikie
  4. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Mikie.

I'm sorry that you have experienced a downturn over the past few months. I don't know about the peptides treatment and would like to find out what that's all about.

Yes, I have a high opinion of Garth Nicolson, also, and I hope his clinical trial works out well, for his sake and for the CFS community as well.

(Incidentally, your last post has a very cute misprint in it! :)-) I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to type what you did!)

Best regards,

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Geez, it wasn't a Freudian slip as I never dated a soldier :) However, I got sick on Dec. 24, so I probably got it from the crowded shopping mall where soldiers, and the rest of us, were doing our holiday shopping. The war started on Jan. 19. It is contagious in the active stage. The blood test was done while the infection was active and feeling as though I had the worst flu of my life. It left me crippled and in horrible pain. I eventually recovered but not fully and was never the same again. My doc gave me two courses of ABX but we now know it takes at least six months on ABX to get the mycoplasmas under control.

Rich, I really do believe that laughter is the best medicine, so I'm glad you got a laugh out of my typo. I laughed too. I'm blaming my new laptop. The keys on new computers are absulutely flat and it's so easy to slip from one key to another. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

BTW, on two occasions, I e-mailed Dr. N and he responded generously to help me with my
    ABX treatment.

Love, Mikie
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Thanks Rich for bringing this to our attention. I took the survey and was notified that I have been accepted into the trial. They are shipping out my supplements Tuesday, May 17 along with instructions on how to proceed.

Will keep everyone updated how it goes. Anyone else accepted into the trial?
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I got an e-mail the other day, I had forgotten about this trial.

I am a little concerned because in the interim I have started a revised methylation protocol per Freddd of the Phoenix board and am having some good results, although I still crash regularly.

Anyways, I don't know if anything I am doing now will conflict with this new product, but I won't stop Freddd's protocol because it's the first thing in a long time that has made a difference. I'll just ask the people in charge if there will be any conflict.

8. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

RE: "Rich, I really do believe that laughter is the best medicine, so I'm glad you got a laugh out of my typo. I laughed too. I'm blaming my new laptop."

Got to say, I got a good laugh out of it also. :) Good explanation Mikie; I can buy that one. :)
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have more trouble typing on this contraption than I ever did on any of the old-style keyboards with the keys which had more separation between keys. All the new keyboards are like this, even ones on PC's. This is no improvement!

Congrats to those in the study. Please do keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm so glad to hear about your good experience with Dr. Nicholson. It's encouraging to read good things about the person who has put together the trial we'll be participating in, and to have hope that they will respond to questions and concerns.

Your typo was classic, BTW!

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He was threatened for his research into the connection between mycoplasmas and Gulf War Illness. He didn't give in and, at great sacrifice to himself and his wife, he continued his work. If it weren't for him, I might never had gotten my mycoplasma infection under control. I hold him, and Dr. Cheney, in the highest regard.

Love, Mikie
  12. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Mikie - that's horrific that he was threatened for his research. It's mind-boggling. But I just saw Under Our Skin (streaming Netflix), the documentary about lyme disease, and it shows how doctors who treated lyme with long-term antibiotics were attacked, subject to investigation, one had his license pulled, another is just closing his office.

The agency that put together lyme treatment guidelines (IDSA), with no medical evidence whatsoever, specified that a 2-week course of antibiotics was sufficient and the lyme-literate doctors were not following these guidelines. What IDSA didn't disclose was that almost all members of its guidelines panel had a financial interest in how lyme was treated, and also insurance companies were in the forefront of opposing long-term antibiotic treatment, lodging complaints against doctors, because of the cost. So something similar may have happened with Dr. Nicholson.

I'm really glad Dr. Nicholson was able to help you, and feel sickened by the politicization of medical treatment in America.

13. frankielee

frankielee Member

I signed up, but never received an e-mail. How did they select the participants? Does any one know?
  14. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

I signed up a few days ago, and today I got a email saying I was accepted!!
    Make sure their emails aren't going to your spam box.sometimes that happens. Don't know how they select, maybe from the first questionnaire we fill out

Check your spam box, and good luck :)

15. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Do you know if we would have to stop the methylation protocol before starting dr. Nicolsons trial?

I was accepted and didn't think to ask about other meds or supps I'm taking.

Thanks, kat
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I read a book on the Lyme outbreak and lab experiments. It's been years but it was something like "Lab 254." I can't remember for sure the whole title but I do remember the 254 part. Researchers have been messing around carelessly with things they should never have gotten into and it's opened a real Pandora's Box of illnesses. Of course, the usual excuse is that if we don't study potential biological warfare pathogens, we won't be prepared if an emeny unleashes them on us. When something goes awry, the coverup is extensive. Dr. Nicolson ruffled feathers by connecting GWI to certain strains of mycoplasmas. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but after a lot of research into the issue, I have concluded that he was onto something. His experiences read like a fiction thriller.

Love, Mikie
  17. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

"Project Day Lily" is a fascinating read.

It's terribly written, but it has all the grisly facts about how one of
    the top doctors/researchers in the world was run out of his job in Houston, his office was fire-bombed, and he and his wife, another researcher, moved to Austin and he began investigating severe illness at a nearby prison...and he was hounded, threatened, and he and his wife ran for what they believed were their lives, moving to California,k where they eventually started

Sorry about long paragraph, got carried away with that run-on about bad writing, LOL!

Read the book; think you'll enjoy it.

18. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Kat.

Sorry, I don't know. I think you should address your question to Dr. Nicolson and his coleagues.

Best regards,

19. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Thanks rich,
    I'll do that

20. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You've both given me fascinating reading recommendations! Mikie, the book you wrote about is Lab 257 (I looked it up) about Plum Island. I remember hearing something about this a few years ago but never looked into it, but now I think I will.

And Skeptic, I do want to read about Nr. Nicholson in Project Day Lily.

This is so depressing, the state of medical research and treatment, combining all of this with Under Our Skin.

Anyways, I've been looking for a few good reads, so thanks! (I think ;)