profile pic is sideways help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Catseye, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Catseye

Catseye Member

I just added a new picture of myself and it's showing up sideways! Any ideas? I've never rotated this pic or anything!

karen
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Reminds me of "Royal Wedding".

Rock
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Um, forgive my ignorance, but I really don't get it! I missed all the royal wedding stuff, was somebody sideways? I know you're a funny guy and I want to know what you mean!

BTW, it'll be a cold day in a hot place before I get married again!

karen
  4. Catseye

Catseye Member

Know what's funny? I live in the caribbean but I went all the way to Florida (Fort Myers) to get sunburned! I figured if I can stand an hour in the caribbean sun, I can do an hour on a gulf beach standing on my head, right? I got red as a lobster in an hour! Now I'm home and my face is starting to peel. Boy do I feel stupid!

My energy level held up for a whole week of vacationing. It was the best time I've had in 5 1/2 years, since I've been ill. It's about damn time! I'm finally on my way out of this. The next time I go up there, I'm sure I'll be able to walk up and down the beach as much as I want. Wow, life never tasted so good.

karen
  5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I got an idea. Instead of trying to turn your lovely pic upright, why doesn't everyone else just turn their own pic sideways? Then all will be in unison. :)

Hugs,

dolores
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

thanks for trying to help, dolores!

Actually, most of my pics from when I was sick WERE sideways because I was horizontal in bed all the time. You never saw me upright, not for a very loooong time.

I think I'll try to rotate it and see if they put it right. I may end up upside down before I get it right.

karen
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

"Royal Wedding" was the movie where Fred Astaire danced on the walls and the ceiling. He was literally the movies' top tapper.

Has your sunburn gone away?

Rock
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

It's nice to see you even if it is sideways!,,,,,There should be a rotation arrow that will straighten out your photo from wherever you sent it from,,,,,,,like say the Kodak internet photo shop,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope this helps,,,,,,,Sis,,,,,p.s. nice tan!,,,,lolol
  9. sues1

sues1 New Member

My son thinks that the large wall clock in the family room should be turned sideways.

He thinks this would help me see the time correctly since I lay on the couch when in that room............LOL
  10. Catseye

Catseye Member

Well don't I feel stupid again, first for the sunburn and then for thinking you meant the Lady Di Royal Wedding. I think it's because I saw Night Court so many times and Christine Sullivan was a big "Wedding" fan and was always talking about it. It stuck in my brain and that's what I think of when I hear Royal Wedding now. Not that I saw Royal Wedding the movie, but I have seen That's Entertainment more than once and I think there were clips of the movie in there somewhere. It's vaguely familiar through the fog.

The burned skin is slowly peeling off and I won't be doing that again anytime soon. I slap the aloe on there and keep it on when that happens and it's not so bad. I was really surprised I turned so red since I keep a tan going all the time. It only takes about 10 minutes in the sun every day to keep a nice tan here.

I tried rotating my pic 1/4 turn yesterday and reloading the pic in my profile and then they turned it the other way sideways! I guess I'm not sure what to do, I'll just have to take another picture. I've got so many pics in bikinis but not that many in clothes and they certainly aren't appropriate for a profile pic. I wear bathing suits every day and hang around the house in them. Electricity is way too expensive to afford air conditioning all the time so I just dip in the pool when I get hot.

I think in this country, the Dominican Republic, if they hung all the clocks sideways, it wouldn't matter. Nobody is ever on time, they're usually late by several hours or even days, and the only concern is for the present. I can't even make a doctor's appt - they don't take them. I have to go and wait. But it only costs 400 pesos! (about $ 20)

I remember back in my old life how I was a slave to my watch. The only time I even know what day it is here is when the programs change on tv - then it's the weekend.

karen
  11. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I am cracking up at your dilemma. Sorry. I saw it the other day, then looked again and its on its other side!

Here's an idea. Maybe the dimensions of the photo are bigger than the space provided here. Like maybe the top to bottom measurement will only fit side to side. Try cropping it, or just making it smaller.

When I open up my digital camera photos in photoshop, they measure something like 30 inches by 20 something inches - poster sized! I always convert them to 3x5 or 4x6. If this pic came straight from the camera, that could be the problem. YOu may just need to resize it.

But you look marvelous! On any side!

I thought Rocks comment had to do with your princess-like wave!
  12. Catseye

Catseye Member

thanks, 4everkid! Very nice of you to say. About the cropping - I was thinking about that yesterday, but I couldn't remember how the crop thing worked. But after you mentioned it I decided to have another go at it and finally figured it out.

I sure look a lot different than the pathetic, slumped thing that I was just a year and a half ago. I couldn't hardly wave back then. In fact, I was lucky when I could speak more than a couple of words. I wish I could figure out how to put the pictures side by side, it would make a striking before and after. Guess I'll just have to start a website and sell something!

karen
  13. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

A really nice picture! I'm glad you got it worked out.

hugs,

dolores
  14. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Dominican Republic sounds nice....I like the health care system. People wait here even with appointments I think.

I thought Rockgor was referring to the "Royal wave" that Queen Elizabeth does when touring. Hope you have more happy days....

P.S. It went down to freezing here last night!:)

Mr Bill
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2008]
  15. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

OMG Karen you look good. Love the outfit. Really suits your slim body! Thank heavens you are able to wave now. Good for you.
  16. poets

poets Member

I just now saw this post and checked out your profile. That picture is so good. You're so pretty and that shape!! I haven't looked that way since I was 17! I'm still waiting to get a decent picture to put up of myself, but when I do, I'm still going to be mighty embarrassed. All 186 pounds of me!

Hugs,
    Meg
  17. Catseye

Catseye Member

You really made my day! This slim body is the only good thing that came out of this torture. I was always kind of pudgy before. But that won't happen again. And I'm a wuss about cold weather. I went up to TX in December and froze my little patooty off. I didn't care for that at all.

Especially since my friend just rented this new house and the central heater didn't get the house any warmer than 63 that night. I slept with my heating pad under my butt and 2 layers of clothes. And I kept thinking the cold air I was breathing was going to make me really sick. That really sucked, no more cold weather for me. I think eventually I'll live in FL for the summer and migrate back to the caribbean for the winter.

Stop the carbs and fix your gut and your weight at the same time. If you replace carbs with veggies, the weight just slides right off. That's what I did and it happens pretty fast, you don't have to wait long to see results. And that's pretty encouraging and will help you to keep on it. I'm beginning to understand the evil of carbs (grains and potatoes mostly), though when I first read it put that way I didn't get it. Now I get it.

karen
  18. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Talk about spoiled! LOL. I read your message as meaning florida is too cold in winter! Very glad you have a good plan. I usually sleep with an electric blanker underneath and one on top.
    Darn though, just doesn't work as well as living in someplace like the Caymans.

Cheers and wishing you well, Your mr Bill
  19. Catseye

Catseye Member

That was one of my favorite SNL skits, BTW, I ordered lots of videos, plus some Toonces.

Anyway, I'm starting to think ahead to vacation plans since I've been so deprived for so long and one place I used to like to go walk around through paths in the woods was Mt. Shasta. Crater Lake was another favorite. When does it start getting hot there? I've stayed at the Lithia Springs Inn a few times, too. And the Mt. Shasta Resort.

I went 3 times for Wesak meetings in Weed in April and it was cold in the mornings and would warm up in the afternoon - the lakes were freezing. I've never been in the summer. So when do I stop needing a jacket? Do the lakes ever get warm enough to swim in?

And talking about spoiled! You don't know the half of it! I've been getting all my meals brought to me on a tray for 2 1/2 years! I've already got Victoria working on getting her papers to travel to the US because I'm going to drag her with me if I go for any extended periods! Now I'm trying to hurry up her plans to learn English so she can meet some rich gringo!

karen
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2008]