Profile picture too large,help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SPR30, Nov 1, 2007.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I used to have a picture of my pup on my profile and it was small. I just replaced it with a new picture,same computer,same camera,same format...the new pic is so big,not the small size of the last one I loaded. Any idea why my pic is so big?
  2. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

This must be some kind of humor, right?

No, I don't know how to fix your dog.

Best of luck, your mr Bill lol
  3. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I am referring to the picture in my profile. Are you OK?
  4. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

The only thing I can see is that your whole post (including text) is enlarged not just the photo. Sorry, I don't know more about computers, I mistakenly jumped to conclusion that you were playing a joke. mr Bill
    [This Message was Edited on 11/01/2007]
  5. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Talk about a "close-up"!

I have no idea how to fix it. I'm "computer challenged".
  6. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Delete this one. Go to where you have your photo stored on your computer and right click it. It will give you choices of places to "open with" the photo. Open your photo in "paint" on your computer. Go to the 4th one over at the top it says IMAGE and click that. Now on that drop down list you will see STRETCH/SKEW click that. It will pop up a box with percentages in it. Now instead of the 100% in those two top boxes put in 25% in each box and submit or o.k. The photo will be 1/4 the size it is now. If that is still way to large downsize it by 10% until you get it the size you want. Then go up to FILE at the top of the page and SAVE AS and save it again to where you store your photos. Then come back here and insert it as you did the large one.

Take your time, this is easy, just may sound hard. Do one step at a time. I hope this helps you.

[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2007]
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

bump for lady with large photo
  8. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I chose a different picture and voila! It looks fine (all my previous pictures did). Just some odd glitch I guess.
    Please see my new picture of my fur baby Cuddle Bear.He has done so much for me,he is my shadow.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2007]