PROFILE PICTURES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I know that there are a lot of animal lovers on this board and I certainly hope you don't take this the wrong way. Whenever I click on someone's profile, hoping to get more info so that I can get to know the person a bit better I really enjoy seeing a picture of the person. Instead, I see a pic of a beloved pet. So, I was wondering, for those of you who have pics of their pets, do you think you could rotate it a little now and then and show us what you look like.

It really makes a difference to see the faces of the many members of our FMS/CFIDS/ME,etc. family. Not that your puppies and kitties aren't cute, but I for one would love to see your face.

Hope no one gets offended or gets their "dander" up or their "feathers" rustled. Just want to get to know you better.

Thanks,

Lolalee
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

and 3 of my 4 kids, my old one was me my doggie and son
    :)
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I cannot post pics sorry, but I think some people may be shy of putting their pic up so they can remain a bit anonymous...though I love looking at pics.

It is funny the way people look nothing at all like their names here. For eg lolalee, I imagined a largish black lady and there you are, looking like Gidget!!!

Everyone here seems so pretty-do you notice the men never seem to post their pics. I will post mine when I can see how to do it or get a new computer.

Love Anne Crom
  4. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

ROTFL,ROTFL, ROTFL....that is tooo funny. I don't know about me looking like Gidget, but I'll take that as a compliment and thank you. So I guess my online name is a bit sassy, huh!! Actually it is a combination of two nicknames that I have gone by at one time or another. My name is Eileen (Lee) Dolores (Lola). So there you go, you never know what's behind our online name,do ya!!

Lolalee
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

You look like a mere babe yourself. What a pretty young woman you are and those children are a dream. No wonder you call yourself blessed. I bet you are a Proverbs 31 woman. So sorry that you are ill, but as you know, this is the place for much love and support.

Thanks for responding to my post, sweetie.

Lolalee
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Oh, Georgia, you rotty is certainly a cutie, but I'm sure he is not cuter than you. Be brave..we all love you here. Show us a pic of your rotty's "Mom"..I mean you..LOL.

Love the name of your charity, btw.

Lolalee
  7. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Shania Twain's first name is Eileen... I also enjoy seeing the face behind the name. Your picture is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. I may one day get enough nerve to put one up, but I kind of doubt it. Take care and have a great week......
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2006]
  8. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Lolalee,

You know, I've thought the same thing, but didn't have the courage to post it. I love seeing animal pic's too, but I like to "meet" my friends.

Rotating pics is a great idea. I need to do that myself (once I figure out how to use my scanner (4-in-1).

But I also respect anyone's wishes not to post their own pic.

9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I didn't know that about Shania Twain. I can see how "Shania" sounds more marketable than "Eileen" Twain (if that is even her last name lol).

Thanks for the compliment. I apppreciate it.

Oh, come on, if we are tough enough to deal with FMS and CFIDS, posting a pic of ourselves should be a "piece of cake". But, truly, I understand if you prefer not to. I respect your privacy. I always enjoy reading your posts.

I hope you have a good week, as well.

Lolalee
  10. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I just love your pic. You are one lovely gal. Your pic is the best of both worlds. You managed to post a pic of your beloved pet and yourself.

I agree with you about respecting everyone's right to privacy. I just thought I'd give a little nudge and see how many more faces we might get to meet.

Have a blessed, pain-free day,

Lolalee
  11. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

That's why I took my beloved Moose's memorial off today and posted my wedding pic, which you replied to, I replied back.

Your pic is absolutely lovely!!!

No, you don't look sick and I have more recent pics where I don't look sick either BUT if my hubby took one today it may scare the socks off everyone so I posted my wedding pic for happy thoughts...

I have always put my pets pics on here cause they make me the happiest and I wanted to share that with everyone, but it's getting old, I agree...

Let's see WHO we are sharing our lives with by posting pics of YOU now...
  12. suzetal

suzetal New Member

All the girls in the family together.The blonde is my new daughter Amanda my sons bride.
    Sue
  13. Empower

Empower New Member

I think it is unsafe to paste pictures in a profile of yourself

Call me paranoid, but I have watched too many Oprah shows about internet predators.

Not saying that anyone on this board is a predator, but I am sure there are nutcases that visit all kind of message boards and they don't have FMS or CFS

Better to be safe these days

It is a shame, but that is the way the world is today
  14. cczub

cczub New Member

Nothing wrong with the photo GeogiaC... I'm still here! It doesn't matter to me what pictures people post. I like putting faces to the names(not that I remember them) too but understand where some people are coming from with the not wanting a picture of themselves up...
  15. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I love the idea for this thread, just yesterday I was peeking at someone's bio to remind me of what they looked like and the biggest and cutest cat was staring back at me.

Only scared me for a minute, I just wasn't expecting it.

Sue, I love the way you call the blonde your daughter (son's bride) it must be so welcoming for her.

And Georgia, I peeked!! You look wonderful and I love the picture.

Hugs all,

Nancy B.
  16. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

What a gorgeous pic and such a lovely group of girls, including you. You must be so thrilled to be surrounded by so many lovely ladies. Thanks for responding to my post and thanks for posting such a great pic.

Lolalee
  17. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I certainly respect your choice to not post your pic. I felt the same way as you for a long time. It took me a while to decide to post my picture so I understand your point of view. I just one day decided to take a chance and share my face with my FMS/CFIDS family (and I guess whoever else wants to come on this board). I rarely watch TV and don't ever watch Oprah.

Your pet looks like a sweetie.

Lolalee
  18. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I understand what you mean but I had rather remain anonymous, besides, my chihuahua is much cuter than I am and I don't mind looking like him at all, lol!

I was NOT offened, by the way; just want to make sure you know this.

Take Care,
    BlueSky555
  19. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I'm having such a good time putting faces with the names. Your pic is still there so I guess I was quick enough..LOL. I guess Ursula was your pet. Well, we just won't tell her that she has been replaced for a while.

I think that's a great photo....very creative..didn't scare me a bit...made me smile. I love it that you named your photo. What would I call mine....hmmmm. Ok, how about "Woman lounging on stairs pretending to feel normal while her body is screaming "WAAAA I WANT TO GO TO BED"." LOL Maybe that's too long. oh well.

Thanks so much for sharing your pic, Georgia.

Lolalee
  20. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Thanks so much for your kind words. Ditto.

Awww, sorry about hubby.

Lolalee