Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelscutoo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

Why do so many not put information in their profiles? Am I missing something about a danger or reason? I find it so helpful to read their profile when replying to their posts as you get a feel for who they are.

I come here everyday and read to learn and sometimes post. Many are so friendly and are so caring so I don't understand why they don't share a profile.

Thanks to all who have answered my posts and have provided support when needed.
  2. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I had mine updated for a while but chose to remove it for several reasons, the one being that there are always people on here that are looking for more symptoms to add to their long list of dx. Usually it's someone that is apply for ssdi and they'll ask what can add to their records so they can get approved for ssdi. Not that they really have that symptom just that they want to use it. I find that appaling. If you are sick and you have a sypmptom and you qualify for disability, ok, but don't fabricate symptoms that you don't have just to get approved.

My other pet peeves......I'll keep to myself today ; )

Have a pain free day!
  3. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

jewels920 and up popped every post I've ever made on this board and all I had to do was click on jewels920 to read my entire profile, DDs, meds, everything.
  4. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

when i first joined i could put in info now i have mine on there.

5. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

I think this is kind of important. I deleted everything on my profile that I didn't want the whole world to know for the reason previously posted.

6. kjfms

kjfms Member

times over the years.

Use the search feature of this board and you will find the some of the reasons many do not fill out their profiles.

It is a personal choice and not that big of a deal. If people want to fill in their profiles they will and if not they do not have to...just my little ole opinion.

Best of luck,

Karen :)