profuse sweating

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shep, Oct 3, 2005.

1. shep

shep New Member

I too suffer from these embarassing cold clamy sweating. It seems I am "hot headed." I always sweat from my head, face and neck. It just drips off. It is so embrassing. It happens when I get up and move around or when I am sitting still or night sweats.
    I cannot wear any makeup which contibutes to my low self esteem. I know people wonder "what in the world is wrong with that woman?" I have to carry a wash cloth or something to keep my face dry. I have to keep my hair cut short to keep it looking somewhat acceptable.
    The doctors have no idead as to what causes this. I have had panic attacks in the past and do have anxiety; but these sweating attacks come when I don't feel nervous
    I am diabetic and I do know I start sweating after I eat and my b/s starts to go up or down. But, I also sweat for no apparent reason to me.
    I have done this ever since I have had fibro and chronic fatigue. My late mother and my sister also do this.
    These cold clamy sweats leave me very weak.
    This has caused me to almost become home bound as I hate to have to dress in "church clothes" or wear anything that is not loose or cool.
    Also, my legs stay cold and ache and hurt very bad. But, at the same time I feel hot and have to have cool air blowing on my face.
    I do sympathize with you so much and I understand what you are dealing with.
    I have been tested and checked for all kinds of conditons and have no answer for me or you.
    I guess it is just part of the this crazy life changing disease that a lot of people..doctors included don't have a clue as to how it changes our lives forever.
    Yours in prayer,
    Cathy
  2. wickett

wickett New Member

I AM GOING TO THE STORE TOMORROW AND GET THAT GATORADE & EUCLPTUS OIL.....I DO THE EXACT SAME THING....IF I WENT A DAY W/O SWEATS I WOULD DECLARE IT MY OWN NATIONAL HOLIDAY

THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

HUGS, WICKETT