Prognosis FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jemidawes, Jan 12, 2006.

1. jemidawes

jemidawes New Member

I am new to the site. Hope to learn alot that I don't know. Take alot of meds. seems like I have gotten worse with the Fm in the last 8 years. I was interested in learning if any of you out there have also gotten worse over the years and if your depression had any influence over your pain JM
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

If you haven't had a chance to look at member profiles, do it, you'll get a world of information and get to know individual details about their disease status. You get to profiles by "clicking" on their handles.

In addition, you can also post a profile. At the upper right, you'll see where is says, "You are logged in as: “jemidawes" - to the right, you can "edit" your profile. You may post a picture and also information about you (as much or little as you like). It's a real plus to do this so that people can get to know you better and you them.

I hope that you'll enjoy this site, there is quite a bit of information on it, and a lot of knowledge from the posters. Another hint: if you would like to look up a particular topic, you can see what previous posts there have been by entering the topic into "Search" at the upper left. The "Library" up at the top will allow you to search for information.

Have fun getting to know the site and everyone on it! Oh, by the way, you can learn more about me by "clicking" on my handle, "jaltair."

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

my symptoms have gotten worse over the last year. I've had FMS/CFIDS for about 8 years. I've had periods where I've felt a little better, but never great. Since March, 2005, I've been on a downward spiral. I now understand what it is like to have to spend a large part of the day in bed or inactive.

I used to push myself, but I can't anymore. I really think I did myself harm by pushing myself too much.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

to learn about this illness.

I have also found great information from a book called

Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain
    A Survival Manuel

2nd Edition

Authors Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland

The book costs about $ 20.00

You might be able to find it at your local library, but there is A LOT of info that is helpful & sometimes "over my head" but with continued reading it is making more sense.

Good luck.