Progressive disease?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovetoscrapbook, Sep 22, 2006.

1. lovetoscrapbook

lovetoscrapbook New Member

I have read that Fibromyalgia is not a progressive disease. I have just recently been diagnosed and can trace symptoms back as for as 4 years ago-the aching all over and fatigue-along with other subtle symptoms. The last few months have really hit me HARD. So, my question is if FMS is not progressive why am I so much worse than I was a year ago? Thanks for the help.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am sure you will get many different opinions on this subject. Even though I don't believe we are ever 100% cured, I am much better than two years ago.

3. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Honestly I think it is progressive.My hubby has it. I think I have it,I feel better some days,But every episode gets worse.I had to use a cane to get out of my chair.Yes my first episode was like just being weak and the same time I noticed my first episode I sprained my ankle.

That was 3 years ago.I am getting panic attacks.My hips burn most of the time. So sorry you are going through this, Ruthie
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I agree with it not being progressive but I have a theory.

I think the longer we're sick and in pain (or have extreme fatigue) the more stressed out we become and when we're stressed, we flare. The trick, obviously, is not to be stressed. I'm joking a bit but seriously, behavior modification is so important especially if you can begin early - and you can!

Breatheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Marta