Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bevy2most, Feb 27, 2008.

1. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Check your pantries......
    Progresso soup recall

Posted Feb. 26, 2008
    9:00 PM

Hartford (WTNH) _ Food inspectors will be checking stores statewide to ensure that Progresso Italian Wedding Soup are removed from the shelves. General Mills has recalled this product because it may contain beef produced by Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing Co. -- which initiated a beef recall on February 17th.

"Families should check their cabinets for this widely-distributed, popular product, and return unopened cans to the store for a full refund," Consumer Protection Commissioner Jerry Farrell, Jr. said. "Anyone who has open cans or 'bowls' subject to the recall should throw the containers and food away."

To date, no illnesses have been reported. However, consumers should not consume these products even if they appear to be normal. This recall is classified as Class II which means there is a remote probability that the recalled beef would cause adverse health effects upon consumption.

Specific codes of the soup subject to recall are:

- 18.5 oz. cans of Progresso Italian Wedding Soup, "Best if Used By" dates from 12OCT9 to 08NOV9, UPC#41196-91505, CODE: 22511, GROUP: 1286

- 15.25 oz. Microwave Bowl of Progresso Italian Wedding Soup, "Best if Used By" dates from 12OCT9 to 08NOV9, UPC#41196-403339, CODE: 1131, GROUP: 1286

For more information, please call General Mills at 1-800-200-9377, the FDA at 1-888-SAFEFOOD or the Department of Consumer Protection at (860) 713-6160.
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I reposted this on that thread.

Thought I'd follow up this recall info since we know people here had consumed Progresso and Pottersclay even mentions having just had Wedding Soup.

The recall came about as a result of improper slaughtering practices -- they were slaughtering and processing downed animals. There was no disease found just inhumane and improper practices.

Didn't want anyone to panic.

3. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I just replied to you on the other soup post...thanks again,