Prohealth ATP?? malic/magnesium

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Aug 24, 2002.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi all!Hope everyones having a decent day~I was just browsing the store here and have been wanting to try the magnesium for some time now.I've read so much on its help to us FMS/CFS.Just curious as too how many of yous use it daily,and would'nt be without it? I'm so tired of trying things and shelling out the green-only to have it become a dust collector!For 1 instance I tryed the enada for a few days(and thats not cheap!)and for me it did nothing!!so there ya go-dust collector!!Thanks for all replys!
    I sense alot of static here today!!and I don't even want to know!!
    best regards,
    Tracey
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi all!Hope everyones having a decent day~I was just browsing the store here and have been wanting to try the magnesium for some time now.I've read so much on its help to us FMS/CFS.Just curious as too how many of yous use it daily,and would'nt be without it? I'm so tired of trying things and shelling out the green-only to have it become a dust collector!For 1 instance I tryed the enada for a few days(and thats not cheap!)and for me it did nothing!!so there ya go-dust collector!!Thanks for all replys!
    I sense alot of static here today!!and I don't even want to know!!
    best regards,
    Tracey
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I know what you mean about shelling out bucks and the stuff is next to useless.

This is what I take from Pro Health, and do get results from;

'Pro Energy' Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate
    (I take one before breakfast and one before lunch)Have been taking this before I came on the Support board thats almost two years now. It has helped with the pain )

Ultra B-Complex (HIgh Potency with Folic Acid)
    ( 1 after lunch, been taking this for about 8 months, and it has helped with the fog, and energy and does not upset my stomach)

Vitamin C; Ester C 500 milligrams a day
    (one a day, this also does not upset my stomach)

ZMA; Zinc, Magnesium, and B-6
    (This I have been taking since Feburary, it has been a miracle drug for me, I sleep at least 7-8 hours a night, a deep sleep without wakening up) Pro Health now sells ZMA, item #PH 164.

I can vouch for the above from Pro Health, these are the ones I take daily, and have excellent results with. I also take Melatonin too.

My husband and daughter take Pro Health supplements too.

As for the ENDA(NADH), I tried this, but it did not work for me, it gave me more energy than I could handle. I may have taken too much for my body. Others did have good results with it. I will try again, with a lower dose. Yes, this was expensive.

This is not all I take, but it will at least give you an idea how these worked for me.

All I take is supplements and herbals, the only prescription drug I am on is a low dose of Xanax in the evening only. If I go into a Flare and the pain is bad, I will take an OTC Advil gel cap. It usually helps, but I can only take one or two in a 12 hour period, as it will cause serious problems with my stomach.

I really went through a lot of trial and error to find relief, and like you, spent a whole lot of money on stuff I could not take.
    So far, the only problem I had was the ENDA, everything else I have gotten from Pro Health has not only worked, but did not upset my IBS, or my digestion in general. That was always my biggest problem.

Hope this helps you make a decision. Lots of us take the Magnesium, as most FM/CFS people are deficient in this mineral, and it plays a vital role in our health.

Shalom, Shirl

4. tandy

tandy New Member

I'll most likely give it a try!!!I see its buy one get one,so being the nice person that I am-I'll give one bottle to my mother.She also has FMS~and she does'nt have access to a computer.I really wish she did b/c the suppport here is awsome!! It really helps to be in touch with others going thru the "same ole"routine as I.I guess misery does LOVE company!!
    Have a restful eve.
    warm regards,
    Tracey
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are so right! this misery does love company, especially when most people you know are normal and don't understand this pain etc.

I do the same, I get the extra bottle free, and give it to my daughter. She does not have FM/CFS, but what the heck, she no doubt needs the vitamins and minerals. Hopefully she won't get it.

Maybe we were missing something in our diets, who knows?
    Sweet of you to share with your Mom too! They have a lot of sales at Pro Health, at least a few a month.

Have a goodnight.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. brightlights

brightlights New Member

Since I am new to this forum, I'm not sure of how much my answer should be valued, but I just started taking the Magnesium/Malic Acid combination, because my doctor suggested that I take Malic Acid. Can't tell the difference yet.

This site has a great library, and from what I read, some thing work for some people, and others do not. I agree it's a crap shoot, so I am buying one thing at a time. (When I got my catalog in the mail, there was a coupon included, so the cost was bearable.)

Good Luck with your quest,

Sandra