ProHealth Offers GREAT Supplements For SLEEP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by S-Elaine, Aug 12, 2009.

1. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

My favorite supplements for sleep from ProHealth would be:

== FibroSleep, this one I LOVE !

I LOVE it so much, I’d MARRY it if I could! ----- (Although, that would be a very “unusual” Union.)

== GABA, it relaxes me and removes any stress I may be feeling at the end of the day. I take it 3 hours before I want to go to sleep, along with the rest of my Sleep Supplements / Vitamins. Slowly, they all kick in and I get into bed when I know I will be falling to sleep within 5 minutes.

== ZMA. It helps me get into the "deeper" Stages of Sleep, 3 and 4.

== Valerian. Some are sensitive to this, so please check with your doctor before taking any supplements. Also, check to see if there would be any “interactions” with your prescription medication ---- if you take any.

== Melatonin. Again, many are sensitive to this one as well. Starting out with a very, very low dosage is the best way to approach it. Some can tolerate it and some cannot. Please always consult with your doctor.

FibroSleep contains some Melatonin, so find out if you are “chemically sensitive” to it.

I get deep, solid & restorative sleep from this combination I found that works specifically for me.

Fixing my sleep issues minimizes the symptoms of FMS & CFS I struggle with. It does not make them disappear. However, quality sleep for me helps a great deal.

I like to take advantage of the Sales ProHealth has and BULK up on my supplements when they are cheaper.

(Edited to add ---- I do need to take prescription medication as well. After being on my sleep medication for a few years, I started to add in these Supplements because I did not want to increase my medication.)

== Elaine[This Message was Edited on 08/12/2009]
  2. thanks for the info, I need something like that!
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Many of those things, either one or in combination work well.

I could not do without using melatonin; while some find less than 1 mg helpful, I find that I need 4 mg... Thankfully, especially as one gets older, melatonin appears to be pretty safe. I've read studies that have used up to 50 mg without 'bad' side effects, tho I did have a friend who started getting nightmares using 5 mg.... she had to back off a bit.

The others never helped me, but I know they've helped others. GABA just made me feel very spacey. L-tryptophan used to help me before it was taken off the market in the 1980s; wish I could remember what dosage I took then, as I've tried it since but it didn't help.

I do also use unisom (doxalimine succinate) as I need it still to get thru the night without a bad sinus headache within 4 hours of lying down... wish I could sleep standing up! (Being propped up doesn't work unfortunately). But I also do need the melatonin as well.

all the best,

4. DavidJ.

DavidJ. New Member

i would try it, but i think one mustnt take gaba or melatonin if one is taking antidepressants, at least thats what i heard? i take st.johns wort and it works pretty well, but combining it with tryptophan for example can cause a serotonin syndrome.