Prolactinoma for FIGHT 4CURE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, May 11, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

Prolactinoma is a condition in which a noncancerous tumor (adenoma) of the pituitary gland in your brain overproduces the hormone prolactin. The major effect of increased prolactin is a decrease in normal levels of sex hormones — estrogen in women and testosterone in men.

Although prolactinoma isn't life-threatening, it can cause visual impairment, infertility and other effects. Prolactinoma is one of several types of tumors that can develop in your pituitary gland. Some pituitary tumors may produce hormones in excess (functioning pituitary tumors), but most don't (nonfunctioning pituitary tumors).

Doctors often are able to effectively treat prolactinoma with medications to restore your prolactin level to normal. Surgery to remove the pituitary tumor also may be an option to treat prolactinoma.

NEXT: Signs and symptoms
  2. darude

darude New Member

NO NO not to be scared!!!!!!!! Just get checked again and see. I will let you know results of my MRI soon too. NO scared HEY MIGHT be something they can FIX!!! Wouldn't that be nice!!!
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just got on the computer this was the first one on top...i hope you don't have a dx of this i will read futhur...

please don't be scared...we are all here for you to get you through whatever may be going on...

hugs and hugs

jodie
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

I just wanted to send you a big hug, and to tell you to try not to upset youself too much.

I know it can be very frightening. I have a PT (my sister and I named her Lucy)...LOL

My PT was found in January and I will soon be going for another MRI to see Lucy has grown.

I only mentioned this (my PT) so you will know I do understand how frightening it can be to even think you have something growing in that delicate area.

darude gives great information read every thing she posts, do a search too.

I hope you do not have a PT, either way I am here for you.

Remember to breath :),

Karen

[This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
  5. darude

darude New Member

Listen might not be anything!!!!!!!!!! NO good worrying sure the doc will have a plan of action. Why don't you come over and we can chat!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA just kidding wouldn't that be nice. Annie the Londoner
  6. darude

darude New Member

CHoc chip cookies I'll be there for sure!!!!!!!! Actually it was the same with me when I found out FINALLY I could make some sense out of this.
  7. darude

darude New Member

Bumped some stuff for ya! Wantotango has a prolactinoma.Also quite a few of us have pt's here.