Prolasped cervix

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by taylorat, Apr 2, 2006.

1. taylorat

taylorat New Member

I have Fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis , degenerative disc disease and Mitral Valve Prolapse. i am on disability . I am 52 years old . I have a question and hope someone can help me with my problem. I have an enlarged Uterus and my bladder is trying to drop to but I would not have known about it except that my Dr. a couple of years ago tpld me that . I went to a new Dr. because I moved to Florida and had an appointment for my yearly check-up but started my period the day before my appointment. I called the Dr. and was told they could do a pap smear while you are on your period. I went and right away he started talking about a Hysterectomy and also removing my overies because they probably would not work much longer anyway. He did some biopsys and told me to come back in 2 weeks. The problem is that the next day My cervix Started to try and fall out or it came to the edge . I never had that happen in my life. I know with an enlarged uterus it can push on your cervix but it was fine until he did that examination while on my period. Its almost like he caused it to happen so I would have no choice but to have surgery. I guess it could have been a coinsedence but I have never had this happen to me before. I am misserable. I went back to his office and he examined mw again and told me my cervix had prolapsed. He said to come back in 2 weeks when he got my test results back and we would talk about surgery. Please if anyone else has this problem can you please let me know.
    Thanks for any help Alberta
  2. starmom

starmom New Member

I had cystic ovaries, major PMS, and one day felt odd physically during a heavy period. My cervix had fallen to the opening!! I have an OB/GYN that I love, and got in to him right away. With the symptoms I had, he gave me the options of sewing my uterus back into place (ins would NOT pay), or a hysterectomy. I had to have the ovaries out if I wanted ANY quality of life for me or my family (I was really bad and horrible during my 10 day periods - which came with a 20 day cycle!)

I had the total hysterectomy. Best thing ever, no mood swings, no parts falling out, no periods!! I watch my calcium intake and take estrogen only. My doc said he would run any hormone level test I wanted, but the best way to tell if your hormones are right is by how you FEEL. He listens to me and is wonderful!!