Prolonging Life

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Karrot, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Karrot

Karrot New Member

Hey all,

Would you please pray for my grandfather? He has melanoma and we just found out it spread to his liver and spleen. They are going to give him a mad dose of chemo just to prolong his life a little bit.

I would also appreciate prayers for his wife who is just losing her mind over this.

Thank you so much,

Karrot
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Karrot, have already prayed for your grandfather and his wife.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. stilhere

stilhere New Member

Hi Karrot,

I'm jessica and I would be so happy to pray for your family, I know its hard to have a 'parent who is sick...

In Christ
    Jessica
  4. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

I believe that we are *never* ready to give our loved-ones up, no matter what age they are.
    However, I do believe that when we all reach old age, and are sick in our bodies and mind, that sometimes it is God's Will for us to go home and be with Him.
    God doesn't promise any of us a tomorrow but when we are old in our years and we suffer greatly, sometimes it is easier for those that love us so, to turn loose and allow God's will to come about.

I had a dear uncle that had suffered so in his old age
    (80) that when I went to see him, I asked HIM how he wanted me to pray and seek God - did he want me to ask for healing or did he want me to pray another way. He asked, that I ask God to call him home and not suffer or cause his family to suffer any longer.. He said that he believed that he had served God well and given many good years to his dear family - but he was ready if God was ready to give to him, the ultimate healing and take him home. That was my prayer to God, for the person that I so loved all of my life and knew that I would miss him so.
    We all begin praying this way and within a week, he was in the presence of the Almighty God and His peace forever!

I will be praying for your family dear one and also ask God for His Will to be done in this precious Grandfather's life. - If that will be okay with you.

May God bless and give you all great strength and comfort in knowing that whatever God so choses, will be what is best for all.

Love, hugs and prayers ...