Prolotherapy anyone??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Apr 4, 2012.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi All, Ive been researching the Polotheray and was wondering if anyone has ever completed the full treatment and pro's and con's if any. Thanks and God Bless
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

I don't have any personal experience. But, I do have a friend who has had GREAT success with prolotherapy.

She had major injuries, and was reliant on heavy painkillers. After she completed her course, she weened herself off of these.

She didn't mention any downsides to me, except perhaps the cost. She encourages me to try it a lot. However, the cost is prohibitive for me.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck!
  3. panthere

panthere Member

My husband has tried it and it has helped a little but not fully. It's expensive and painful! I know of healthy people with injuries who did it and it was very helpful for them. But for people like us it could be hit or miss. Depends on level of your functioning and how bad your pain is....
  4. harboreen

harboreen Member

I've had prolotherapy sessions/ injections
    I'd never do this again.
    If you decide to go through this therapy be aware that only certain knowledgable doctors can perform this therapy correctly/effectively.
    I was sent to supposedly one of "the best"
    however ~ he did not prove to be that and actually hurt me.
    This therapy may be the reason- or partially the reason that I have suffered w/extreme fibromyalgia for the past 16 years. (Physical Trauma)
    during one session the injection/needle digging around in my lower back hit something, a nerve?? I cannot prove this but feel it caused soft tissue damage as I came down with the fibro symptoms only a few weeks after that last injection. I was promptly released from treatment- sent on my way with a referral to get BOTOX injections. I decided against further injections. I was tired of being a human pin cushion. Anyway-
    Just wanted to answer your question.